Heading to the track tomorrow.

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
I want to record it but can't get any one to go with me to do I even offered to pay for them to get in if they would come record it. I took the tailgate off, spare tire out, back seat out, if no one is going with me passager seat is coming out, my bummber hitch is coming off and my goose neck hitch. Stoping by EPR on my way down to get something to help for the 12's :thumb:.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Traction bars are not here yet. I do have spring claps was going to clamp front and back, Do I need to just clamp the front? I have rancho rs 9,000 shocks was planing on running them on 9 in the back and 6 up front. I was going to put the tires down to 30 psi. Any suggestions are welcome I need to prove my dodge friends that I can be in the 12s on a stock charger.

I found clamping just the front worked well, IF I left at 2000rpm. Any higher and the truck would hop. Try both to see what works best for your truck and situation. I ended up moving on to Caltracs.

Shocks are good choice. :thumb: But the fronts should be set stiffer, rears set softer. You want the front to rise in a "controlled" fashion, and the rear to "squat".

Tires, stagger your PSI. Higher in front than rear. I use a 6-8lbs differential (38/32 or 38/30) with my 275/70 Proxes and usually am in 1.65-1.70 range.

Im not an expert by any means, but I listened to other guys with far more experience: Idaho Rob, Pat, Mike Tomac, Mike Toman, Trent Nell, etc....and it made a huge difference in how my truck performed.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I got my best results leaving at about 1700 rpms, I have a hard time leaving on a boost reading and staying consistant. Front tires 38 psi. rears 28 psi. pull the spare, hitch, tailgate, back seats, front passenger, seat. I droped 3 tenths off my 1/8th removing this stuff and it really doesn't take that long. I have a tool bag that has only the tools needed for removing these items and have a small 14 volt cordless impact to speed things up.

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
It was on the 18s with 275's I need to find some tires for my stock rims but don't know witch tires I want to go with.