Half ton thread

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
With all this expensive shit you just trying not to blow anything up? Plenty of sbe 6.0 in the 8s

What SBE full weight truck is in the 8's? I haven't heard of any.

Man, cranes are being good to you:D

Your just used to Diesel part prices, I paid less than Carrillo dmax rod price for my Dart 6 bolt block.

But yes, Southwest has been keeping me busy. Lots of luffer builds, out of town work as well as freeway bridge girders for the past 2 years. I have worked the most hours in the crane division the past 2 years and aim to beat that this year. :woott:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Quick update to this.

Pulled the built aluminium 402 out of the truck back in late March, actually sold the whole thing turnkey to a guy here in Phoenix. Turbo and piping was sold to a guy in California and AZ. That engine made 1197rwhp and right at 1300 to the crank, on a rotating assembly that was rated for 1000.

New build will be the real test of how far I'll be able to run with this truck.

Dart 6 bolt LS Next iron block
427ci
AFR 12* 6 bolt heads with Inconel exhaust valves
Callie's Magnum crankshaft
Oliver speedway series rods
Diamond forged pistons
10.0:1 CR
Trick cast twin T4 turbo manifolds
78/75 twin billet wheel chargers

Fuel system is staying the same
Twin 4303 magnafuel pumps
260lb injectors
E98 + 2 methanol fogger nozzles

Ripped out the factory ECM and harness and sold it, and picked.up the new Holley Terminator X. Already have it prewired in the chassis just needs and engine.

We will be aiming for 1500rwhp with ease and 1800hp set on kill.

I'll finally be able to use the trans brake and we have our sights set on bottom 8's and maybe if the stars align... 7.99

LS FTW :woott::woott::woott::D

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
That’s gonna move Brian!

You inspired me:D I just picked up a roller 99’ short bed 2wd. Iron 6.0, aftermarket ls3 heads, and the comp 82mm off the blue truck will be going on, with a th400. Hoping to have it running by next summer or sometime during the winter.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
That’s gonna move Brian!

You inspired me:D I just picked up a roller 99’ short bed 2wd. Iron 6.0, aftermarket ls3 heads, and the comp 82mm off the blue truck will be going on, with a th400. Hoping to have it running by next summer or sometime during the winter.

I was just blow away how much power I got away with on a 4 bolt head with factory heads. that setup will definitely run Al, that's for sure. Will you be staying with 91 octane up there??

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I am going to be picking up an 04 RC/SB 2wd this afternoon to replace the shop truck as my daily beater/parts chaser. It has a 4.8 in it, but my buddy found a deal on facebook yesterday that I couldn't pass up for an LQ4/4L80E. I'm going to bolt on some 706 heads, TBSS intake manifold, and a cam of some sort (undecided) and hope for something in the 400-425 rwhp range. It should make for a fun street truck.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I was just blow away how much power I got away with on a 4 bolt head with factory heads. that setup will definitely run Al, that's for sure. Will you be staying with 91 octane up there??

That was impressive! What head gaskets and studs did that ls2 have?

I’m starting with pump gas and tuning it my self... I figure after I blow it up a couple times I’ll be ready to step up to some sort e fuel:thumb:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
That was impressive! What head gaskets and studs did that ls2 have?

I’m starting with pump gas and tuning it my self... I figure after I blow it up a couple times I’ll be ready to step up to some sort e fuel:thumb:

I ran the standard ARP studs and went a hair tighter in the torque value. Ran cometic gaskets on 9.5 CR

It did start lifting the heads past 24psi but that's north of 1000hp.

I definitely didn't know what I was looking at in HP Tuners after being used to EFI for years prior, so I had a local guy do it for me but with this Holley stuff I aim to jump into it more myself as you can target AFR etc and there are quite a few more safe guards.

You'll make good power on 91, I wouldn't go much past 600hp though that's where E has its advantages.