LBZ: Hacks

trashygasman

Slowly but Surely
Dec 18, 2008
Washington, OK
Not a legimate hack and i wouldnt recomend it but ive seen a few trucks hr meters get reset to zero when the oil dipstick is removed and accidentally hits the positive battery terminal and the ac line close by to it. My truck is one of them.

That's how my hours reset?!?!:banghead:Wish there was a way to get them back? Surely they are still stored in the computer somewhere?

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Mine reset anytime I kicked it in neutral and shut it off at drive thru's, anytime I started it when my batteries was weak (which was every startup in the winter) and when i had a battery short out.

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Prince George, BC, Canada
Assuming this stuff all works, that's kinda cool. Especially the HVAC thing...

I'll have to try the one for the windows once my windows thaw enough to open, probably summer sometime lol.

BrandonLLY

Apr 23, 2014
If anyone has trouble with the window one, take a video of your sequencing and post here so we can correct if needed. Took me awhile to do it fast enough.

Also, if I remember right its LLY and up. I think LB7's are assed out for this one.

juststrokeit383

Jun 3, 2015
This is great! We are actually to a good start now!

Thanks everyone for contributing!

Keep em coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKRiverRunner

Jun 2, 2013
Fairbanks, Alaska
I know mechanics who don't know about the hood maintenance position. There are extra bolt holes that will lock your hood all the way up so you don't have to remove it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

juststrokeit383

Jun 3, 2015
If anyone has trouble with the window one, take a video of your sequencing and post here so we can correct if needed. Took me awhile to do it fast enough.

Also, if I remember right its LLY and up. I think LB7's are assed out for this one.

57fe2ac69adcc0d67a61845a2fce7fb4.jpg

Do not listen to these guys

juststrokeit383

Jun 3, 2015
Suck it up buttercup. If no one cares to read, that's their own fault.

So "everyone else that posted in here" don't know you are joking.. I'm for a good joke. But I know none of you and just trying to help the new duramax owners like myself.. that's all

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
So "everyone else that posted in here" don't know you are joking.. I'm for a good joke. But I know none of you and just trying to help the new duramax owners like myself.. that's all

:rolleyes: I can't delete it as its past it's time and tom has moved posts around. He or someone else will have to and I've already posted about removing it. Again, people can read that post even on the same page as my original post.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
*sigh* and here I thought this thread actually might go somewhere....

Certainly wasnt expecting that from you, James.