grid heater delete

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
my LB7 is not fast at all at warming up. neither before or after the heater was removed.

all i do now is in 40-60* weather and its been outside, start it 15 min before i leave. 30-40* i start it 20min before leaving, 30 and below it gets a full 30 min.

and still, its barely blowing warm air when i hop in the truck lol. greatest thing for that was a remote start and training myself to turn defrost/floor heat on, max blower on before she was parked for the night. made for a better mornings in snowy flagstaff

Amen. Get heat in like 10 miles otherwise haha.

I wonder how much of a difference, if any, coolant ratio makes.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
my LB7 is not fast at all at warming up. neither before or after the heater was removed.

all i do now is in 40-60* weather and its been outside, start it 15 min before i leave. 30-40* i start it 20min before leaving, 30 and below it gets a full 30 min.

and still, its barely blowing warm air when i hop in the truck lol. greatest thing for that was a remote start and training myself to turn defrost/floor heat on, max blower on before she was parked for the night. made for a better mornings in snowy flagstaff

Sounds exactly like mine and that's exactly what I do to warm mine up.

Does your remote start have a wait to start delay? If so what brand is it.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Sounds exactly like mine and that's exactly what I do to warm mine up.

Does your remote start have a wait to start delay? If so what brand is it.

yes, it wont start the truck till the "wait to start" light goes out. Its the base viper alarm. has remote start, alarm arming/disarming, and actuates door locks (no screen on the key remote). it works a loooooong ass ways away too. its about 6-7 years old now and no issues with it.

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Hmm interesting. I like that it has that feature, I could care less about having an alarm though, or would prefer of it did t have one at all.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Mine does too. Either wait for glow plug light or wait for preset time (20,40,60 seconds I think) No alarm either.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Hmm interesting. I like that it has that feature, I could care less about having an alarm though, or would prefer of it did t have one at all.

you can buy them that way too. i wanted an alarm that went off from bumping it OR if the dome light went off. the vibration sensor kept me from having my deck walk off a couple years ago

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
you can buy them that way too. i wanted an alarm that went off from bumping it OR if the dome light went off. the vibration sensor kept me from having my deck walk off a couple years ago

Ahh yeah well you live in phoenix I understand, my bro lives there and he said people are always trying to break into his work van.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Ahh yeah well you live in phoenix I understand, my bro lives there and he said people are always trying to break into his work van.

the problem kids have since been taken care of but even when i lived in flagstaff where you damn near know everyone, i locked the truck every night and was always concerned about theft. i never had an issue up there but its all good, truck sits in the garage now or if im loading up for a trip, truck and trailer get parked behind the side gate.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
There is a "Recall" that will fix the issue. Maybe you have read up on it, but there was lots of discussion on the subject if your interested. I know its cold up there, but I would think you could use HI most of the time.

You could have the recall done. :confused:

I don't recall how it loads the trans. I just know it burns up converters due to the fluid being to thick at -40.

Edit: Bens got it I figured that was how it was done, but wasn't sure if you could just ramp the pressure way up to load it.
I did not know about this recall. Yea I just left work and sat in high idle for 3 min and hit 120-130 on the trans temp per the dash. Hence why I won't run high idle for long amount of time

Know where to find info about this recall/update.
You can really hear it load the motor without a VVT. Its a very pronounced change in exhaust tone.
Oh my yea, Yea you sure can. When it's like -10 I get a big puff of black smoke...seems like it almost snuffs out the turbo and kills the truck...but hasn't yet, but man does it sound good