grid heater delete

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
It has glow plugs. Air heater is beyond pointless.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Would it be fair to say that the a working block heater and glow plugs is really all they need in cold climates? I no longer have a air intake heater either and am tossing around the idea of getting it back in, but that won't make it warm up faster lol, that's the block heaters job

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
It is for emissions. It also doesn't do anything.

Would it be fair to say that the a working block heater and glow plugs is really all they need in cold climates? I no longer have a air intake heater either and am tossing around the idea of getting it back in, but that won't make it warm up faster lol, that's the block heaters job

Even the block heater is optional at 0. Always starts fine if I forget to plug it in.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Intake air heaters had their place before glow plugs

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Mine has been shutoff for well over a year by my tuner, did not know he shut it off until I looked at the tune. Fortunate for me he did, when I replaced the hotside pipe and the coldside fittings from Mishimoto for the LBZ (got em for $100.00). The OEM pipe had melted partially through the wire loom and was on it's way to the what I believe a 6 gauge cable feeding the glow plug controller. Currently the intake heater is gutted and looks it part. Could have been a little excitement and me broke down on the side of the road as I was leaving for a week long vacation 3 weeks later...
-
-
-
This is what I found on my LBZ..
-

v7r2mb.jpg
-
-
-
-
-

Last edited:

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Dam I wish I would have read this before I got my new intake. Oh well live and let learn :baby:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Intake heaters have nothing to do with start up everything to do with how fast the engine warms up and emissions. LBZ warm up a lot fast then LLYs. If I deleted it it would only be for the summer.