(graphic) Cops shoot Dog (graphic)

Polaris7x

Dec 25, 2011
loves park, ill
i work for a utility company and they give us the same colapsable battons the cops use, dog mace and regular mace used on humans, Ive been doing this job for 6 years now with only 1 incident where the dog bit me and it was a boxer. Ive had numerous dogs do just what this dog did in the video and not once was i not able to get to either my spray or the batton before the dog bit me. Also take into account we can also carry umbrellas, now it sounds funny but you think your big bad ass dog is such a super hero, take that out and open it up at him while hes charging and i bet you he runs the other way! What this cop did wasnt justified at all. You can see at the beginning when the dog comes out that he goes to kinda lay down a little before aggressing once more before hes shot. Really i mean come on out of all them guys there not one could grabbed the leash and held onto it close to the collar till the dog went down? Why didnt one of the dumbass cops have mace out instead of a gun? Cause apparently the two duffies that originally came to arrest the guy werent doing anything other then bullshitting with the people down the block so they werent really paying attention to there surroundings in the first place! Now as for the guy, they should have secured the dog first, then shot his dumbass in the legs so that way he had a reason to cry wolf for real

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Cops were there to catch a bad guy across the street. This ass DELIBERATELY makes a scene and runs his mouth...and runs his mouth some more after they ignored him the first time. He had his warning. He did not heed it. He put his dog in the car but didnt take the time to roll the windows up some more insuring the dogs safety. He at that point could have paid more attention to his dogs safety than how quickly he could resume mouthing off. That officer DID try to get the leash first. That gesture alone showed he truly did not want to kill the dog. As an owner of two dogs myself I felt sorry to see the dog die. I think it's foolish to blame anyone but the owner of the dog. He was out to cause trouble and he found it. Cops can be dicks and they can be nice. I've personally experienced more of the latter. I attribute that to showing respect first. Kissing ass and showing respect are two different things. Once a cop sees you are not a lying, dishonest, disrespectful, worthless drain on society they will usually realize you are not a threat and worth much of their time.

If I was at work and a dog was attacking me or trying to bite me, I'd return the aggression. Those who say they can "manhandle a dog" can wrestle all they want. Dogs reflexes are MUCH faster than a humans, I won't gamble as I see that as a loosing proposition every time. I use my hands for work everyday and can't afford them injured. Gotta get them bills paid. Family is counting on me.:thumb:

Dog owners.... They are YOUR responsibility.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Just got to love some of you macho guys. " Just grab the leish of a pissed off dog and contain him " :roflmao: :jerkit::bsbag:

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
I kinda see two things going on here.

1. The guy with the dog. Probably wrong, maybe he should have been treated that way? Who knows. Lack of evidence to say from video.

2. The cops handling the dog situation, definitely wrong! They had several quick options, one which included, just letting the guy put the dog up again.

This is one of the dumber things you can do, you NEVER unrestraint a guy unless your next words are you are free to go. EVER. I know people have rights and I am very much for the free rights of the individual, but in this case don't be a jackass, if you want to tape it fine, but don't be a jackass and blare your radio to a point where it is distracting them. You don't have the right to jeopardize them going home to play loud music.

The cop has a second to decide what he is going to draw, I bet for all of you that have dealt with dogs something that big you would have thought about the same thing esp if you had a gun and were responding to a shooting and in a fight mindset to start with.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
This is one of the dumber things you can do, you NEVER unrestraint a guy unless your next words are you are free to go. EVER. I know people have rights and I am very much for the free rights of the individual, but in this case don't be a jackass, if you want to tape it fine, but don't be a jackass and blare your radio to a point where it is distracting them. You don't have the right to jeopardize them going home to play loud music.

The cop has a second to decide what he is going to draw, I bet for all of you that have dealt with dogs something that big you would have thought about the same thing esp if you had a gun and were responding to a shooting and in a fight mindset to start with.

Agreed. I didn't immediately think of that. These guys were already on edge and didnt need that tard causing trouble.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Notes:

I suggest pepper spray due to it's ease of targeting close, fast moving items.

You got to give it up to the shooter. That was some talent. Regardless of what you see on TV, it's hard to hit a small moving target with a pistol at close range.

Stats? Average pistol shooting occurs at 7' away. 50% hit rate, and that's humans.

Like if I was given a bat or a 6" knife in that incident, I'd take the bat because some kind hit is more likely.

I like the umbrella idea. Hit is nearly guaranteed at point blank.

It's sad that dog was owned by a piece of chit. And I can't say is a pistol was the best tool to suppress it. Ricochet, too sharp of focus, gun shot noise could exaceberate the "real" situation, etc. A 9mm or .40 will poke right through something as thin as a dog.

But the dog's death was mostly the result of his owner. Why didn't Dickhead tie it to the post? Faster and easier and 1000% safer for the dog and a car with the windows down.

But Dickhead will rob his neighbors of a few hundred thousand of tax dollars for pulling his shit. He cared little about his dog, his neighbors, or (obviously) the cops or the perp who was in the building.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
im taking the officers side, if you fear for your life you have to react.

This is the key to the whole thing. Watching a video after the fact is not the same thing. When a dog jumps at you while you're arresting it's owner, you react. All this BS about how you any of us handle dogs has nothing to do with it and I love dogs, how do you know if this officers has ever owned a dog. I hate cops, ya I said it, get over it. That being said that officer did exactly what he needed to to protect himself during a instant reaction situation, one does not stop to think about what might be the best policy, one simply does.

Polaris7x

Dec 25, 2011
loves park, ill
Just got to love some of you macho guys. " Just grab the leish of a pissed off dog and contain him " :roflmao: :jerkit::bsbag:

and for all you sissy asses just remember this if your kid gets shot cause he was in a fight with the neighbor kid and that kid feared for his life! then lets see how you guys react, but thats a totally different story right? But hey seems to be a pretty one sided story from you guys here, like i said the cop could have had his mace out before he came up to the situation but no he chose to use deadly force all for what? A few dog bites? And for you guys that say yeah you use your hands for work well hate to say it but we all do, not like weve seen any of your hands in magazines or anything.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
This is the key to the whole thing. Watching a video after the fact is not the same thing. When a dog jumps at you while you're arresting it's owner, you react. All this BS about how you any of us handle dogs has nothing to do with it and I love dogs, how do you know if this officers has ever owned a dog. I hate cops, ya I said it, get over it. That being said that officer did exactly what he needed to to protect himself during a instant reaction situation, one does not stop to think about what might be the best policy, one simply does.

i showed this video to my neighbor who is a K9 officer for the sheriff's dept here and he said he would have done the same thing.

I love dogs too, but not ones that are going to rip me apart if i don't stop it first.

and as far as "hating cops" wouldn't it suck if you needed help and they weren't there to help you...

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
i showed this video to my neighbor who is a K9 officer for the sheriff's dept here and he said he would have done the same thing.

I love dogs too, but not ones that are going to rip me apart if i don't stop it first.

and as far as "hating cops" wouldn't it suck if you needed help and they weren't there to help you...

Still hate them and I've yet to have one help me. I can happily take care of myself.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
and for all you sissy asses just remember this if your kid gets shot cause he was in a fight with the neighbor kid and that kid feared for his life! then lets see how you guys react, but thats a totally different story right? But hey seems to be a pretty one sided story from you guys here, like i said the cop could have had his mace out before he came up to the situation but no he chose to use deadly force all for what? A few dog bites? And for you guys that say yeah you use your hands for work well hate to say it but we all do, not like weve seen any of your hands in magazines or anything.

Human safety ALWAYS comes before that of an aggressive animal. Don't forget, the dog owner is to blame for the dog being in a dangerous situation to begin with.

Polaris7x

Dec 25, 2011
loves park, ill
Human safety ALWAYS comes before that of an aggressive animal. Don't forget, the dog owner is to blame for the dog being in a dangerous situation to begin with.

Like i said in the first post yes that guys a complete idiot and deserves to have been shot instead of the dog, thats what i was getting at.

jeepman1320

Oct 11, 2011
You really think that dog could of killed that officer?

Yes, that dog could have actually killed the Officer. Aggressive dogs are extremely dangerous and a simple dog bite to a critical area of your body such as your forearm, underarm, throat, or leg could allow you to bleed out in short order...