Got a new atmo charger

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
The bed doesn't need to come off either. It all bolts together under the bed.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
The bed doesn't need to come off either. It all bolts together under the bed.

I guess it all depends how it was put in, and weather or not you want to do it on your back on standing up. I've seen several sifferent ountimg systems some are stupidly complex. And if its bolted in sure it's easy but ive come across a few that were welded in, talk about bullshit to remove.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I guess it all depends how it was put in, and weather or not you want to do it on your back on standing up. I've seen several sifferent ountimg systems some are stupidly complex. And if its bolted in sure it's easy but ive come across a few that were welded in, talk about bullshit to remove.

Well, I have no idea what some jackass may have done, but if it is installed the way B&W designed it (which is what the hitch appears to be), it is a 100% bolt in hitch. There are side plates that bolt to the frame, cross bars that slide between the frame and bed and bolt to the side plates, and a hitch plate that bolts to the cross bars. You should be able to have it out in about 45 minutes pretty easy unless you run into some problems with bolts stripping or something (or welded joints :mad:).

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Yup just like Josh said. I've got the B&W it's a simple hitch. Only thing is their paint doesn't hold up well.

I'll buy the turnover ball! Anyone want to buy a receiver with no hitch?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Absolutely hilarious. You guys guessed it almost spot on. I cannot get this truck to 60'. My 2nd run I even red lighted because it pushed through the brakes. 11.02@131. Disappointed in the time but very happy with the MPH.

That's on a standard fass 150, stock pickup and stock fuel filter/housing.

This is the only video I have of it. The 98mm cleans up the smoke. Pretty happy about that.

https://youtu.be/V-ndzbyQ09Y

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
Absolutely hilarious. You guys guessed it almost spot on. I cannot get this truck to 60'. My 2nd run I even red lighted because it pushed through the brakes. 11.02@131. Disappointed in the time but very happy with the MPH.

That's on a standard fass 150, stock pickup and stock fuel filter/housing.

This is the only video I have of it. The 98mm cleans up the smoke. Pretty happy about that.

https://youtu.be/V-ndzbyQ09Y

HAHAHAHAHA :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh man I started cracking up when i read that... 11.02 :spit: That is fantastic.

You will get there man. Good mph for a mid 10 once you get some decent tires under you.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I need to figure out new brakes. As soon as I get around 15 psi, the truck just walks the brakes like they aren't even there. I had zero tire spin on the launch. The track was actually prepped really well. I've tried the whole "pull the abs fuse" and it makes no difference.

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Same issue as my truck Mike. I think it's air in the system. Have you replaced any lines recently?

30 mph on the back half is flying. A 10 is there, just a few tweaks and you'll have it.

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
How big of a tune was that? Truck have any more left in it power wise?

I ran 10.78@130 with a 1.66 - 60', so you definitely have better than that in it if you can get it to launch.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
You have plenty to run 10s. Your splits are super which indicates the front half you just didn't leave hard enough and the need for better rubber to hold leaving that hard. What have you done for brakes?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I'll be bleeding the brakes and getting new pads here soon. The fluid I'm sure has seen better days. I am just running totally stock brakes.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Same issue as my truck Mike. I think it's air in the system. Have you replaced any lines recently?

30 mph on the back half is flying. A 10 is there, just a few tweaks and you'll have it.

I am running the original brake lines lol, I'm sure they could use an upgrade.

How big of a tune was that? Truck have any more left in it power wise?

I ran 10.78@130 with a 1.66 - 60', so you definitely have better than that in it if you can get it to launch.

This is my big tune, 2700us. I need some bigger injectors.

You have plenty to run 10s. Your splits are super which indicates the front half you just didn't leave hard enough and the need for better rubber to hold leaving that hard. What have you done for brakes?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This was the 2nd time launching on the new chargers so I didn't quite have the feel for them so I went a little easy. The 2nd run I tried to launch to hard and it red lighted me because I couldn't hold the truck back. I am running totally stock brakes. Rear pads definitely need replaced.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
What are you able to get the RPM up to? I can hold my truck to 2700 RPM with a much tighter converter than you're running, and I could do that with stock brakes. Like was said earlier, see if you can get an ABS service bleed done on it or just go out and smash the brake pedal. You would be surprised at what a difference that will make.