Got a blower for my Z71

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Thanks guys :thumb:

I just love chevy trucks. Had to have another gasser. But it just doesnt have the quite the grunt my Dmax does , I wander......:D:D:D

Last edited:

bigbaddiesel

May 24, 2010
Canukistan
How bout some pics of your dads setup? hows she run?

I dont live near my old man so i'll see if i can get him to send me some pics, he isnt happy with the tunning that came with the SC, it runs fine but the tranny doesnt shift right with what he's done to it, He tryed running a different pully to increase the boost, but without changing the tuning there was very little difference.
Maybe TJ grimes there could offer my old man some advice
thanks

oh and your setup looks sweet

Last edited:

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
I dont live near my old man so i'll see if i can get him to send me some pics, he isnt happy with the tunning that came with the SC, it runs fine but the tranny doesnt shift right with what he's done to it, He tryed running a different pully to increase the boost, but without changing the tuning there was very little difference.
Maybe TJ grimes there could offer my old man some advice
thanks

oh and your setup looks sweet

Thankyou!

TJ is the man with tuning these gassers. He wont do ya wrong, great guy!!!

Madspeed

Fat Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Elk Ridge Utah
i love the way those blowers sound. the roots style on my 03' cobra i had sounded the same way. like music to the ears going down the road.

Untill you go for the 10PSI pully then the music changes to tools in a dryer sounds:rofl:
WTF hows My turbos treating you?:D

Nice charger on that Gasser :thumb:

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
Kinda of topic but whats the heigth of the blower from manifold to top? I am putting an LQ9 6.0 in a 95 lt1 firebird and was looking for something with low clearance for boost. Looks great by the way. This lq9 we have I had put in a 2000 1/2ton Z71 but the guys kid wrecked it. I started to part it out but now I want it so I will pull off everything I need, attach it to a 4l80E and sell the rest. Anyway sweet ride, good job.

When u do this will you please post info i wanna do this to my 97 chevy that has a vortech 350 but i dont no what kinda upgrading to harness i will have to do

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Well Tim looks like I am in on this gasser build up myself now. You talked me into it, I just picked up a 2000 Chevy Reg Cab short bed Z71 4.8 5spd loaded up minus leather. I'll Have to start my own little thread.

You are a really bad influence on me.:hug:

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston
When u do this will you please post info i wanna do this to my 97 chevy that has a vortech 350 but i dont no what kinda upgrading to harness i will have to do

you will need a whole new harness, i know quite a few guys running this nelson performance harness in obs truck with ls swaps http://www.nelsonperformance.com/products.htm#eh

theres also alot of info on these swap on this site
http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/
http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-truck-conversions/9535-obs-lsx-conversion.html

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Tim
Nice ride.:thumb:
I'm building a 4L80 on an '02 with a whipple.
Thanks Mike!

I'd love to do a 4L80E swap! I may have to call you and get some info .

Sounds like that will be a fun truck!

Well Tim looks like I am in on this gasser build up myself now. You talked me into it, I just picked up a 2000 Chevy Reg Cab short bed Z71 4.8 5spd loaded up minus leather. I'll Have to start my own little thread.

You are a really bad influence on me.:hug:
LOL Jordan!

Damn i'd love to have a Reg cab ! They are the fastest !

Put a front mount on that 4.8 and have a SCREAMER!

I'll be looking for your thread, keep me posted.

Like i said i love all GM trucks, I just dont want to push my Dmax any farther, its fun and does everything i want, I dont have 10 G's to build the motor, And I love LS gasser engines. So one of each is making me happy!

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
I hear you Tim. I am falling in love with this little truck the 5 spd is just awsome incredible mileage and the performance is pretty dang good. I do believe there is a turbo in it's future.;)