Got a blower for my Z71

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Thanks guys, finishing gathering up parts for install. Had to do a lil bit of fuel system adaptation, no biggie.

Have install pics this week.

Man im going to need a Mike L 60 E !!!!!!!

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Contact Gary Yeomans Ford in Florida. I actually called them and bought one as opposed to bidding on ebay.

386-527-2788 ask for Damien, he is the parts guy.

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Some updated pics of blower installed .

DSCN1543.jpg

DSCN1544.jpg

DSCN1547.jpg

DSCN1552.jpg

Here is a clip of it running.

[YOUTUBE]PuAK2gmLcRw[/YOUTUBE]

Also added some SS long tube headers and off road Y pipe. Sounds great now.

Its fun having a diesel and a gas gm truck. Two different kinds of Fun:D

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
i love the way those blowers sound. the roots style on my 03' cobra i had sounded the same way. like music to the ears going down the road.

68skylark455

Larry the "Stroker"
Aug 7, 2008
Texas
www.larrysperformancepalace.com
Kinda of topic but whats the heigth of the blower from manifold to top? I am putting an LQ9 6.0 in a 95 lt1 firebird and was looking for something with low clearance for boost. Looks great by the way. This lq9 we have I had put in a 2000 1/2ton Z71 but the guys kid wrecked it. I started to part it out but now I want it so I will pull off everything I need, attach it to a 4l80E and sell the rest. Anyway sweet ride, good job.

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Kinda of topic but whats the heigth of the blower from manifold to top? I am putting an LQ9 6.0 in a 95 lt1 firebird and was looking for something with low clearance for boost. Looks great by the way. This lq9 we have I had put in a 2000 1/2ton Z71 but the guys kid wrecked it. I started to part it out but now I want it so I will pull off everything I need, attach it to a 4l80E and sell the rest. Anyway sweet ride, good job.

Wow, that LQ9 will run great in that firebird ! Gonna put a cam in while its out?

I will measure the height for you, but i think it might be a bit tall without firewall mods in that car, but im not positive.

Post up about your project, i'd like to follow along and help if i can :thumb:

68skylark455

Larry the "Stroker"
Aug 7, 2008
Texas
www.larrysperformancepalace.com
Wow, that LQ9 will run great in that firebird ! Gonna put a cam in while its out?

I will measure the height for you, but i think it might be a bit tall without firewall mods in that car, but im not positive.

Post up about your project, i'd like to follow along and help if i can :thumb:

I will, and I always need help with something. I want to do a big cam and a few other mods and then try to tune it with EFILive. It was tuned with HPTuners in the truck so I will copy that and then try my hand at doing it myself. I have ti finish all the current projects for other people first so it may be 6 months to a year out on my list but it will get done, its for my wife. My goal is to stand it up on the rear bumper just once:thumb:

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Who is tuning your 6.0? assuming your EFI'n it
(my dad has a magnum SC on his 6.0 vortec max 06 1500)
TJ Grimes at Baker Engineering is tuning it via EFI live. Im going to see him soon for a dyno tune.

How bout some pics of your dads setup? hows she run?
I will, and I always need help with something. I want to do a big cam and a few other mods and then try to tune it with EFILive. It was tuned with HPTuners in the truck so I will copy that and then try my hand at doing it myself. I have ti finish all the current projects for other people first so it may be 6 months to a year out on my list but it will get done, its for my wife. My goal is to stand it up on the rear bumper just once:thumb:

Standing on the bumper AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you got a plan!!!

I will get that measurement today, yesterday went to shit LOL!

Last edited: