Fully deleted lmm smoke at idle

Idahodmax

Dec 22, 2015
So ive had the truck deleted a little over year now, ive done some reading and it seems to go both ways on answers but here it is
At start up and idle (even after warmed up) it has always dmoked at idle, its not alot but always blue and has a distinct smell. I got sinister diesel egr delete and 5in diamond exhaust with kory willis efi live, i usually leave it on setting 2 for the turbo break

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
My LMM does it too. Cold starts it will haze til ECT is around 80 but the odor comes and goes with additives. 12 oz of power service cleans it good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
I cleaned my LMM up with pilot and idle timing along with some rail pressure adjustments. No more eye watering smell or haze at idle.

Idahodmax

Dec 22, 2015
I run about 4.3 kpsi, and ive never put alot of thought into additives ill run sea foam every other tank or so and anti gel in the winters thats about it though

Idahodmax

Dec 22, 2015
Ya, sea foam to me has always been a diesel additive, i was hesitant to use on gas at first lol

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Isn't that what egr is for? Rob told me that I believe after a called him about it.

It's my understanding that exhaust gas recirculation on a diesel is for the purpose of lowering NOx output. NOx emissions increase as cylinder pressure increases. By introducing exhaust back into the intake you are are lowering oxygen content of air in the cylinder which in turn lowers peak cylinder pressure.

My personal opinion is what you see when you delete one is simply what was always there, it's just that the filters in the exhaust are no longer hiding them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Here's mine on a cold start. Literally just remote started it before I took video. I have zero haze.
[YOUTUBE]St9lKAj7Bhw[/YOUTUBE]