Fully built 2011 Allison c5 burned?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Whoah Mike, why are you taking my comment as derogatory. I was simply pointing out that a super knowledgeable guy like yourself not being aware of Mr. Youngers shift kit which I have been using for quite some time, shows that sometimes there are parts that this forum has not yet found.

For all we know someone has a method to change the tcm calibration in the newer trans controllers.

Maybe if you did take everything I said so damn personally you would get along better. We are all into the same kinda stuff here so we do have common ground. Maybe we can try and find some and loose the instant hostility. I NEVER call you names Mike, or talk to you disrespectfully.

You clearly dont know just how close Steve and Mike are :rofl:

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
You clearly don't know just how close Steve and Mike are :rofl:

you are 100% correct. I was attempting to make a point that just because certain things aren't known to this forum doesn't mean they don't exist. Or maybe they just have not been discussed here and members do have the knowledge. I think it was taken out of context.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
you are 100% correct. I was attempting to make a point that just because certain things aren't known to this forum doesn't mean they don't exist. Or maybe they just have not been discussed here and members do have the knowledge. I think it was taken out of context.

No... No you didn't. You made it a point to say he "did not know Steve made a kit", as if that's a fact you know but in reality have no clue and are incorrect. You are trying to bounce around the fact you were wrong in your info.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
There is no shift kit for the LML. What exactly did you install in the pump and valve body?

No... No you didn't. You made it a point to say he "did not know Steve made a kit", as if that's a fact you know but in reality have no clue and are incorrect. You are trying to bounce around the fact you were wrong in your info.

No....No I did not. Mike said there is not a shift kit.

I said even a very knowledgable fellow like Mike did not know Gil's boy made a shift kit. Now I have come to learn from Mike and you that Mike says he actually did know about the kit, and you tell me loverich and younger are friends and Mike designed the whole kit for him and just lets him sell it. I am fairly confused at this point to say the least.

My comment was not made to start trouble nor made on bad info as i read a quote directly and had first hand knowledge of the kit as I keep them on my shelf for all the lml transmissions I do.

It was you fellows who kinda jumped to a conclusion I was out to get someone. Whether or not the guy knew about it or not if he makes a post claiming there is not a shift kit out why is it so ridiculous that I say he did not know about it. I certainly was not looking for confrontation only to have an objective discussion and share a point of view that may be unique or obscure, but respectful and polite all the same.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Just going off assumption but I'm thinking what your calling a shift kit and what mike is calling a shift kit are two different things?

Just my thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Im just gonna say who gives a damn. The OP got his issue figured out case closed.

You are probably right, and for that matter none of us except transgo should be calling them a shift kit lol.

I made a shift enhancement package, first and only one out for the 6r140. I called it a cfd 6r140 shift kit. Transgo sent me an email with a link and they do in fact have a patent and trademark on shift kit. I had to change the name to enhancement kit and I apologized to them.

But yes the truck is fixed and this is all just trivial at this point.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
No....No I did not. Mike said there is not a shift kit.

I said even a very knowledgable fellow like Mike did not know Gil's boy made a shift kit. Now I have come to learn from Mike and you that Mike says he actually did know about the kit, and you tell me loverich and younger are friends and Mike designed the whole kit for him and just lets him sell it. I am fairly confused at this point to say the least.

My comment was not made to start trouble nor made on bad info as i read a quote directly and had first hand knowledge of the kit as I keep them on my shelf for all the lml transmissions I do.

It was you fellows who kinda jumped to a conclusion I was out to get someone. Whether or not the guy knew about it or not if he makes a post claiming there is not a shift kit out why is it so ridiculous that I say he did not know about it. I certainly was not looking for confrontation only to have an objective discussion and share a point of view that may be unique or obscure, but respectful and polite all the same.

You seem to understand nothing written in this thread or you are purposely twisting words. You are now blaming everyone else for your inability to read correctly. You are hopeless or devious. Either way; you ruined a good thread. Now, I'm telling you to stay out of this thread. If you post again, you're done.