LB7: fuel rail pressure problems

Snowbound98

Jun 28, 2013
Chicagoland
Thanks for the input. His fuel jumper lines looked like shit. They were actually rusty. I didn't get a chance to go over there to help him but he fought thru it. Said the rocker covers were a bear to remove. Had to pry them off but didn't damage them thankfully. Injectors didn't want to come out.
This is what the majority looked like.

Then there were two that looked like this.

The worst one was this.

Majority of that crap was from the line that was rusty.

He ordered an injector puller and new jumper lines but ended up getting injectors out before he got the tool.

The last one fought him but he used the fuel line to help remove it. Got the new injectors, return line kit and fuel treatment for $2030 from a local company, Midwest Fuel Injection.

What do you mean by reseal cups? He's worried about the cups now but he has new crush washers and none pulled out during removal. Said there's a few dirt particles down there and he doesn't want to flush anything into cylinder so I told him to tape a 3/8" hose to his shop vac and clean it out best he can. Also in having him pull the fuel rails and clean the shit out of them along with the line from CP3 to fuel rail. With the way that one injector looked with all that crud, which he described as rust and metal shavings. I told him there's no way that shit came thru his filter so maybe it was a good thing he put on a new CP3.

millerman04

< The Man Cave
Jul 14, 2010
Clearville, Pa
The injector cups are thread locked into the head. It takes high temp thread lock to reseal them. They can be a pain to remove, but its worth the hassle for piece of mind.

Mmoreau12

Mar 30, 2016
Losing prime

So I bought a 2004 3500 that's been sitting for two years. It didn't run when he parked it. I jokingly offered him a number very low and he jumped on it so now I own a non-running 3500. I own a 12 valve but don't really know much to this thing. I tried getting it to run today and having a lot of troubles. I put new fuel, fuel filter housing, fuel filter and still nothing. I can prime it and it'll fire but after dies after a few minutes. All the forums I read said if I had an airdog my problems would go away, put an airdog on it and same thing. I tried bypassing the filter housing no start. Hooked the filter housing back up starts and runs for a min then continues to die. What can I do??? It does white smoke a little bit once it's running a keep it primed so it doesn't die. I am also new to the forum and not sure how it works