Front Wheel Bearing/Hub Assembly

lobocharlie

Apr 10, 2011
Albuquerque
I know everyone has an opinion about auto zone parts but is NAPA any better?
Front Wheel Bearing/Hub Assembly
1- Napa brand with Napa bearings with a 3 year Warranty $294.00
2- Auto Zone with Timken / Wheel Bearing/Hub 3 year Warranty $229.99

Which is a better choice?

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Hey buddy I have two brand new Timkens with lifetime warranty sitting in my garage still in the box! If you need em let me know! You can have em for what I bought em for and you can avoid the shipping. I bought em from the Dmaxstore.

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
I wouldn't buy anything but a timken bearing/hub assembly. I bought a car quest assembly and it's shot already with just over 8,000 miles on it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
SKF or Timkin are both goood and i caution all of you make sure to use a torque wrench to tighten the nut on the axel shaft just useing the impact may over tighten them and they will be junk in a very short time,i know i had done many wheel berings and had quite a few come back till i started properly torqing them.

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
I just ended up buying a moog assembly as it was the same price as the timken assembly but I bought it here locally. Comes with a 3 year warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
This sucks, never know what's in the box read the last paragraph. Found this on Amazon

Timken SP580310 Wheel Bearing and Hub Assembly

71PlsfugNEL._SX425_.jpg

<LI class="image item itemNo2 maintain-height">
71%2B78Ro0NCL._SX425_.jpg

<LI class="image item itemNo1 maintain-height">
71aDVOdF-0L._SX425_.jpg

Roll over image to zoom in

by Timken

18 customer reviews

List Price:$260.63Price:$173.54 & FREE Shipping. Details You Save:$87.09 (33%)

In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.

Note: Timken partners with other manufacturers to supply their complete line of quality parts. This product is in a Timken package, however the part may have been manufactured by an independent Timken supplier.

Last edited:

cat_dr.

Feb 20, 2013
Jackson,Al
SKF or Timkin are both goood and i caution all of you make sure to use a torque wrench to tighten the nut on the axel shaft just useing the impact may over tighten them and they will be junk in a very short time,i know i had done many wheel berings and had quite a few come back till i started properly torqing them.

Do you know the torque spec getting ready to do one this week?

Roll Tide!

ALLY Fox

Old Man Truck
Dec 14, 2010
Oregon 7S5
Did my drivers side about 20K miles ago, did my pass side a couple of weeks ago. Timken is the way to go, don't forget to get some good threadlocker. Takes about 2 hours unless you run out of beer or just work slow, like I do...

rms2012

Dec 7, 2011
Phoenix
This sucks, never know what's in the box read the last paragraph. Found this on Amazon

71PlsfugNEL._SX425_.jpg

<LI class="image item itemNo2 maintain-height">
71%2B78Ro0NCL._SX425_.jpg

<LI class="image item itemNo1 maintain-height">
71aDVOdF-0L._SX425_.jpg

Roll over image to zoom in

by Timken

18 customer reviews

List Price:$260.63Price:$173.54 & FREE Shipping. Details You Save:$87.09 (33%)

In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.

Note: Timken partners with other manufacturers to supply their complete line of quality parts. This product is in a Timken package, however the part may have been manufactured by an independent Timken supplier.

That's a great price.
But, went with the Dmax Store Timken's - for an extra 26 bucks each, you get a lifetime warranty.
And, I plan to use it. :thumb:

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
The lifetime warranty is a good deal, whose lifetime are they referring to, mine or theirs? If history is a good indicator of the future this is not a good deal for them.

I have had my elephant for 20 years. When Checker Auto was purchased/absorbed by O'Reilly's I made it a point to make a purchase for the elephant and check ALL of my lifetime warranted parts. It had not been updated and asked the manager to update my parts on the database, my receipts in the file cabinet serve as a just-in case.