Front End Q's. Help me out here.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I have many many hard runs on my truck at 20 lbs+ boost coming off the line. 60,500 miles I run the straight centerlink ,sleeves and braces.

Think of it this way if your tie rod end wears out you can get one almost anywere.If your High dollar one wears out you have to replace them as a pair were the stocker with a sleeve you can pull off and replace with your sleeve and be on your way.

And on that note I have a set of sleevs left the last set in stock that are for sell at the 55.00 shipped price thats the paypay fee and all. If you want a 1 1/2 Super Diesel Center Link thats 319.30 shipped with paypal fee's if you want to make it a set 355.00 shipped for sleeves and centerlink.

SparkZ03DMAX

Nov 16, 2009
North Carolina
I have many many hard runs on my truck at 20 lbs+ boost coming off the line. 60,500 miles I run the straight centerlink ,sleeves and braces.

Think of it this way if your tie rod end wears out you can get one almost anywere.If your High dollar one wears out you have to replace them as a pair were the stocker with a sleeve you can pull off and replace with your sleeve and be on your way.

And on that note I have a set of sleevs left the last set in stock that are for sell at the 55.00 shipped price thats the paypay fee and all. If you want a 1 1/2 Super Diesel Center Link thats 319.30 shipped with paypal fee's if you want to make it a set 355.00 shipped for sleeves and centerlink.

ok yea, i understand the concept of sleeves.

What brand are the sleeves? I think I'm just going to get the sleeves for now then maybe later on pitman arms, idler arms, etc.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
I'd buy Henrys sleeves that is a steal! Maybe take some time to learn more about the front end and it will make decisions on buying parts easier.

SparkZ03DMAX

Nov 16, 2009
North Carolina
Not doubting you guys' opinions but I think I'm just going to go with HD Tie Rods, just because I like the fact of a bigger tie rod and because I dont almost any racing, I'm just doing this as a safety measure. Is there a brand you guys suggest? Fabtech? Cognito? etc?

Last edited:

sparepartsracing

spareparts offroad&fab
Mar 17, 2010
ive seen them in person they look badass....but ive seen thme broken also...i have the sleeves and have had no problems...launches that push threw the brakes

sparepartsracing

spareparts offroad&fab
Mar 17, 2010
well if your not doing launches and what not its kind of a waste of money....atleast thats my opinion

sparepartsracing

spareparts offroad&fab
Mar 17, 2010
oh yeah that makes sence...i thought the stock ones were pretty tough i used to do boosted 4wd launches with them all the time....but the truck was all over the place...its still kinda tricky but its better with the sleeves....i heard cognito doesnt warranty there hd tie rods these days(not starting a fight or shit talking these are rumors ive heard):)

sparepartsracing

spareparts offroad&fab
Mar 17, 2010
well i used to run those 33x15.50 tsls when i had my 2" torsion bars cranked on the beach and i had no problems puttin the pedal down on the beach...but thats just in the sane

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
ok yea, i understand the concept of sleeves.

What brand are the sleeves? I think I'm just going to get the sleeves for now then maybe later on pitman arms, idler arms, etc.

There Super Diesel Sleeves.Keep one of your extra stocker with you til you can buy a new set of HD tie rods most will not replace 1 or warranty them.

Last edited:

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
Save your money and get sleeves. You wont see any difference between HD tie rods or sleeves, they both work the same purpose. If you do get sleeve, get MOOG tie rods, they do warranty all of their components for lifetime. You pick what you want to do.

SparkZ03DMAX

Nov 16, 2009
North Carolina
Save your money and get sleeves. You wont see any difference between HD tie rods or sleeves, they both work the same purpose. If you do get sleeve, get MOOG tie rods, they do warranty all of their components for lifetime. You pick what you want to do.

I ordered some stainless sleeves a couple of hours ago:happy2:

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Is it ok to go without the moot tie rod ends?

Moog. I dont have moog tie rod ends and my truck has 129k. Doesnt mean theyre the best but when people with brand new trucks swap their stockers for HD Cognito or Fabtech tierods, you can pick up a brand new set of OEM ones for cheap. Thats how I got mine for $25

SparkZ03DMAX

Nov 16, 2009
North Carolina
Moog. I dont have moog tie rod ends and my truck has 129k. Doesnt mean theyre the best but when people with brand new trucks swap their stockers for HD Cognito or Fabtech tierods, you can pick up a brand new set of OEM ones for cheap. Thats how I got mine for $25

I know it was moog, my Droid spelled it different