free fuel here i come!!!!

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
Thanks Ya I will be looking into them as soon as I fix a few other things on it it needs new head lights as he has 2 diff ones on it and it looks bad also needs a lot of sanding and will be done flat black when done lol.

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
IMG_1655.jpg

IMG_1656.jpg

IMG_1657.jpg

IMG_1658.jpg

IMG_1659.jpg

IMG_1660.jpg

IMG_1661.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

Like I said Lots of km on it.

fastgreek

May 20, 2008
Macungie, Pa
we had one back in the day, had lots of fun in it, i remember when we would start the benz up in the morning pulling out and once it hit second gear it would almost snap your head off when it hit second gear, it would do that in cold weather all the time.

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
Well I took off all the air intake, EGR, turbo, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, and the clutch fan as I will be putting in an electric one I have kicking around.

Turbo it not as good as I was hoping for but not too bad it has a bit of side play but all most on in and out play.

All will be getting cleaned out as the studs for the manifold were all not tight and the gasket is shot I also need to get a new exhaust bellow for the one off the turbo as it was all F-ed up too. so it needs work but a lot cheaper to work on then the Dmax. But I have not looked yet at the price of the gaskets they may be $$$$ stupid MB.

Also say I wanted to put a diff turbo on that is new what AR's should I be looking at and I don't know what turbo I have yet as I have not cleaned it.

Last edited:

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Well, check Mercedessource.com for decent parts and price. Should you ever want to put fresh injector tips in (need to be pop-tested and balanced if you do) get some Monark brand tips, just an FYI, there the shiznit as far as MB tips go, the cheapest, best and work great with Alt-fuels.

Far as turbos go. Since yours is an 85, they did kinda oddball stuff the last year before they went to the SDL with the 6 cyl.

Looks like the turbo in the picture is an AiReaserch. I say that because im running an 85 KKK brand K-26 on mine and it looks diifferant. The 85's have that pod on the compressor housing regardless of turbo brand. Thats the ARV (air recirculating valve) thes to bleed boost off for emissions. Since mine is been rid of emissions crap, I blocked the ARV valve off on mine by a super spring inside. course no vaccum line on it too. The 85's also had a fuel rack position sensor on the engine side of the injection pump. My spare/parts motor that i have is an 85. I robbed my K-26 off it :rofl:
Generaly speaking, the Garrett/AiReserch T3 is better performing for cruise/highway, it has better spool-up at speed and max efficancy around 12psi. Its a bit laggy'er since it has a looser housing. The slightly smaller K-26 is better around city driving, little tighter turbo and spool-up is better but dosnt pull as hard up top. Its max boost efficiancy is around 9psi. Remember these suckers are IDI diesels and run almost 22:1 compression so cant get real wild with boost. Ill have to look tomorrow to see what A/R these stockers are. They could benifit from a more modern computer designed turbo! I'd swap mine out if i didnt have so much goin on right now. The "Cats Meow" for these is a VVT turbo from a Jeep Liberty or Sprinter van, but gotta do some fabbing to fit one up and make the mechanical vane controls. Thats the route im gonna go. Do a bit of lookin round with the search button, ive posted up a bit of MB tips & tricks that might be of use to you! :hug:

Gimme a shout if theres anything you need, i'll do my best to help:D

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Oh and if your not going to use the driver side headlamp, Im lookin for the clear bezel around it for mine if you'd look to get rid of it:angel:

Mines missin! And i had also thought of flat blackin mine too:spit:

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
Oh and if your not going to use the driver side headlamp, Im lookin for the clear bezel around it for mine if you'd look to get rid of it:angel:

Mines missin! And i had also thought of flat blackin mine too:spit:

i've got mine still. i did euro lights last week.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Oh ya! I forgot you were changin yours out Kyle!:D I might give ya a shout here shortly on one of those suckers.

Hows your beastly Benz doin?

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
ha doing good actually. had a little mishap last week. the lift pump went out ;(. so i went and put a new electric lift pump on. but i'm workin on getting an Airdog for it hehehe.

i did put in a new shifter though

DSC_4473.jpg

DSC_4460.jpg

Last edited: