Ford 7.3 ???

wyolb7

LB7 for Life!!!
Jul 21, 2011
Evanston, WY
One of my buddies just bought an 02 7.3 stroker :confused:

He wants to put a chip on it just for towing and fuel milage. Told him I would ask you guys for suggestions.

All I know being a duramax guy is you cant beat efi live but have no clue on what is best for the Ford.

Any suggestions will be appreciated he is looking for one with a display too for egt's and such.

One last thing is we are only 70 miles from Ogden Ut where Edge has a shop it might even be where they are made?? Not sure if that would be a good reason to go with them??

Thanks guys

wyolb7

LB7 for Life!!!
Jul 21, 2011
Evanston, WY
Ya he is just looking for brand suggestions mainly. I just dont want to point him in the wrong direction.

I dont trust anything a stroker owner says or I would tell him to post up on some stroker forums:D

wyolb7

LB7 for Life!!!
Jul 21, 2011
Evanston, WY
anyone heard of the ts chip?? I was just told on the other forum they are kinda like efi live for fords?

Thanks

black07

Oct 8, 2011
Pa
Tyrant diesel custom tunes the 6 position chip and you can get a valve body from him too, its not too expensive either and runs good on a 7.3

TRUBBS

Jul 6, 2011
but according to diesel power mag the torqshift can handle almost twice the power of the allison:D lol

O lol I was just joking anyways I dont know anything about them
There is nothing to joke about, the tore shift CAN & DOES handle more then the Allison, plenty of guys are at 600+ on STOCK trans with the 6.4

Ive really been happy with my Dp Tuner

DP-tuner. Jody and Diane would treat you very well.
agreed with these guys, DP-Tuner for sure.
JDUB on here can get you squared away with one also.

pizza pig

I Like to Party
Feb 13, 2012
CT
if you like smoke get a dp tuner, swamps etc.

I highly recommend you call up Matt @ Gearhead for a 6 position or Chris B @ Truck source diesel for good clean near smoke free power.