Ford 7.3 ???

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Be cautious, I believe that 02 falls in with the powdered metal rods. Thy don't like to be pushed very hard

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
if you like smoke get a dp tuner, swamps etc.

I highly recommend you call up Matt @ Gearhead for a 6 position or Chris B @ Truck source diesel for good clean near smoke free power.

I agree. Matt @ Gearhead automotive rocks. He has many trucks over 500 on pmrs. He tuned my old built 7.3 and it had minimum smoke and smooth power. I like Dp tuners tunes but his made the throttle to touchy for my likings. He could not get it the way I wanted.

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
if you like smoke get a dp tuner, swamps etc

A stock injector and stock turbo truck can generally be tuned to run pretty smoke free while still making good power.

Be cautious, I believe that 02 falls in with the powdered metal rods. Thy don't like to be pushed very hard

Correct. The 2002 truck would have Powder metal rods, which can really limit potential power output, but good tuning can go a long ways.

pizza pig

I Like to Party
Feb 13, 2012
CT
A stock injector and stock turbo truck can generally be tuned to run pretty smoke free while still making good power.

Absolutely can, even with huge hybrids and nozzles and large turbos. As long as matt (gearhead) or chris b (tsd) behind the tuning :spit:

I realize there are great tuners out there, but its going to be real hard to get the driveability, cleanliness,power all in one combo without live tuning. That is why I recommend who I do because they can nail exactly what you want and need first try usually.

missourilb7

Jul 11, 2012
Ts 6 pos is a canned tune. I would get Tony Wildman 6 position. He is a custom tuner and has the best tunes he doesnt play the hp# game he just names them. Had them for my late 99. well worth it.

bad12jr

Jun 6, 2012
Matt at gearhead. Quick turn around and nearly smoke free DD. I can run wot on all out and puff from a stop to nothing after about a second.

Sent from my x2 somewhere