EPA strikes again

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I thought Trump was supposed to fix this EPA bullshit?
Especially when the air pollution map looks like this? I don’t get why they are so hell bent on enforcing diesel trucks in North America.

62791df01552fb9d17cdf801543f5932.jpg

Last edited:

Uno Mas

Aug 28, 2015
Northern IL
When will the EPA mandate DEF and SCR on commercial airline jets?

I could just imagine the engines going into limp mode at 36k feet and reduced speed to 200mph.....lol

Benny315

Benny
Feb 11, 2019
Backwoods, Savannah, NY
Originally Posted by kheims View Post
Looks like these companies are gonna have to get CARB numbers for all their products like banks did years ago.
PPE did the same years ago
Banks does tuning for the military, like the JLTV, with their secretive torque numbers.. And I worked at a local salt mine here (2,500ft deep), though I was not allowed down without weeks of training I was MSHAW certified to be above ground.. I seen so many pictures, they have thousands of gallons of waste oil, hydraulic oil, antifreeze siting down there in a huge pond.. Nothing ever comes back up.. I know the DEA,DEC,Osha or any other environmental/saftey are too scared to go down there. Nor would they be allowed without proper training, so they skip right over these state run companies. I don't get it either guys.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin
Banks does tuning for the military, like the JLTV, with their secretive torque numbers.. And I worked at a local salt mine here (2,500ft deep), though I was not allowed down without weeks of training I was MSHAW certified to be above ground.. I seen so many pictures, they have thousands of gallons of waste oil, hydraulic oil, antifreeze siting down there in a huge pond.. Nothing ever comes back up.. I know the DEA,DEC,Osha or any other environmental/saftey are too scared to go down there. Nor would they be allowed without proper training, so they skip right over these state run companies. I don't get it either guys.

Banks does tuning on some military vehicles. The reason that isn't a reasonable statement for this is the government itself allows their vehicles to be non-compliant.

Last edited:

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
I work for USPS....... Vehicles are from 87 to 94 using gm 2.5 liter engines and 2.2 engines. They black smoke on every start up, only use one o2 sensor and they use aftermarket cats for replacement which is now illegal to do in new York.... Trust me fellas! It gets me fired up too!

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
Banks does tuning on the military vehicles. The reason that isn't a reasonable statement for this is the government itself allows their vehicles to be non-compliant.

It's ok for the government to break its own rules, just make sure YOU don't do it!

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
every state and federal vehicle i worked on while at DPS met federal emission requirement for the year the vehicle was built in. Military is different, i know that but civilian still meets the same requirements, they just dont get tested every year. In reality, they dont really need to on OBD2 vehicles as all AZ tests is for a MIL or emissions equipment coming back as "not ready". i was required to check these every time the vehicle came in anyhow.

AZ much more lack's than alot of these other states so i may be missing the point lol

04chase

Mar 28, 2008
Lots of Edison trucks get to use red dye on the road also. I see it very often . Big fine here in cali.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk