Engine build

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Fwiw I have had Manley rods in my truck for about a year/ 7,000 miles, and they seem to be just fine! I put down 956hp and 1638ftlbs. On Ryan Millikens dyno.
I'm not easy on her by any means!

That's good to know! Seems like they can handle it then. I saw where guy at socal said for sure they could do 800 all day no problem.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I've been doing a ton of research trying to keep it as cost effective as possible. It isn't cheap that's for sure. I think bare minimum to get it setup how I want, it's going to be right around 11k...and that's basically doing everything myself..assembling the short block and building the twin kit. Plus I still would need to refresh the trans.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Figured I would start a motor build thread...can't guarantee this thread will actually go anywhere tho. I've got a shat load of cash burning my pocket but the GF wants a ring and a house so the build is kind of on the back burner.

Suggestions and criticism are welcome!

Warnng buddy...

Spend that cash quick! Excess money can magically turn your GF into a wife with a house and a rug rat! Ask me how I know...:eek: lol..

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Warnng buddy...

Spend that cash quick! Excess money can magically turn your GF into a wife with a house and a rug rat! Ask me how I know...:eek: lol..

Yea im sure she will be the wife by the end of summer. No kids For awhile tho. She said word for word "buy me a ring, and I will work all the over time you want me to work so you can build your engine"...been with her for 7 years now...she's alright in my book:D

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
Yea im sure she will be the wife by the end of summer. No kids For awhile tho. She said word for word "buy me a ring, and I will work all the over time you want me to work so you can build your engine"...been with her for 7 years now...she's alright in my book:D

Uh....Does she have a sister?! :spit:

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Lol^

NC is that a fountain in your avatar?

Triton... I was pro staff for them before Brunswick took over...:eek: I've since sold that one and downgraded to the 26' version. Much better fuel economy than the previous rigg. Lol...

That a Yellowfin in yours? Quads gotta hate that fuel bill...:angel:

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach

All kidding aside, that's great. I was with my wife for 5 yrs before we got married, best thing I ever did...:D

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Triton... I was pro staff for them before Brunswick took over...:eek: I've since sold that one and downgraded to the 26' version. Much better fuel economy than the previous rigg. Lol...

That a Yellowfin in yours? Quads gotta hate that fuel bill...:angel:

39 Nortech. I love going fast too much lol. Screw the fuel bill.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
So I'm fairly certain this build is not happening. Too much going on right now to swing 11k for an engine build. Bought the girlfriend a ring yesterday and would rather have a house than a built engine. I need to stop running around on my 720 horse tune before I blow the poor engine up.

Contemplating putting alot of stock parts back on the truck to keep it reliable. Plan would be to swap the stock nozzles back in, pull the dual fuelers off as well as the s472 kit and put the stock turbo back on. I would leave the built trans in so I can still have some fun.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I know the feeling, I don't even want to know what amount of money I have wrapped up in mine. There is always something that needs ( ya want) to swap out. It never ends... Hope mine is running soon.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
So I'm fairly certain this build is not happening. Too much going on right now to swing 11k for an engine build. Bought the girlfriend a ring yesterday and would rather have a house than a built engine. I need to stop running around on my 720 horse tune before I blow the poor engine up.

Contemplating putting alot of stock parts back on the truck to keep it reliable. Plan would be to swap the stock nozzles back in, pull the dual fuelers off as well as the s472 kit and put the stock turbo back on. I would leave the built trans in so I can still have some fun.

Just load a single 550hp tune and drive it putting it back to stock doesn't mean it won't break still you pushed way past the limit so save time retune and call it a day till the window appears lol

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Just load a single 550hp tune and drive it putting it back to stock doesn't mean it won't break still you pushed way past the limit so save time retune and call it a day till the window appears lol

Well I'd rather have 500 horse with a stock turbo and a bunch more cash in my pocket than just retuning down to 550 horse and leaving all the go fast parts on. I know it can still break, but I might as well stop while I'm still ahead.