Engine build

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
No hard feelings, I want to see if it will help with high boost and crank case pressures.. I googled around and didn't see where anyone has installed a pressure gauge in the motor to see what pressures are in there. I've see several drag races and sled pulls where a lot of pressure is coming out of the PCV hoses (granted I don't sled pull but it will see the track a few times). Who knows it may work out for the better.
I was just wondering why he needs a vacuum pump :confused: shouldn't of even asked.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
those fittings would need to be opened up, the pump has two -12 an inlet fittings. I may drill and tap for two diff spots and block the oem ones off. The hot pipe is very close to the the one on the pass side, not sure how much room is there.

Last edited:

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
well sorry you had problems. But we are very glad you decided to keep it and not start all over again. I personally check this thread everytime im on to see what you have done next. :thumb:

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
No hard feelings, I want to see if it will help with high boost and crank case pressures.. I googled around and didn't see where anyone has installed a pressure gauge in the motor to see what pressures are in there. I've see several drag races and sled pulls where a lot of pressure is coming out of the PCV hoses (granted I don't sled pull but it will see the track a few times). Who knows it may work out for the better.
Iv'e had more than one person come to me while my truck was idling after a run and ask me about all the haze coming out of my PVC reroute hoses. It only does this after I just beat the hell out of it. I think your on to something.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I know a shop vac hooked to the PCV on a stroked big bore Pontiac engine will net an instant 20 horse power on a dyno... A true vacuum pump can pull a lot more than a shop vac.

Interesting Idea on a Duramax.

How much gap did you end up with on your rings? What rings did you run?

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Was running steel rings. I do not rember off hand what the gaps where. Working on a few other things too. ;) I'm excited to get working on it.

Thank you for all the support guys and gals

JDT4430

Jul 29, 2014
New gate stuff showed, looking to get rid of the dual gates under the small turbo, this is going to look a lot cleaner.

picture.php

I wish I had a CVS around me that carried truck parts like that:roflmao:. J/K like other have said glad you decided to keep it as I to have enjoyed following this build. Hope you get every thing worked out and hopefully it's not to major.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Ya, we have some awesome stores around here you never know what you'll find in there. I have a few things here I'm wanting to try out. Can't wait to get it back on the road.
I wish I had a CVS around me that carried truck parts like that:roflmao:. J/K like other have said glad you decided to keep it as I to have enjoyed following this build. Hope you get every thing worked out and hopefully it's not to major.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
8e0e465955faec883611350c431de2da.jpg

Here is what I am using instead of a pump. This Evac fittings weld into the exhaust. Vaccum is created to suck out crankcase pressures. It pulls up to 3 lbs of vacuum.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
That looks cool. Do you have a vac/pressure gauge? How much pressure do you see if so? I was told this would be abt 15in vac. If it makes more then that I need to get a diff pulley and not to go over 15.