Engine build

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
What's the harm in blaming someone if it was legitimately their fault. It happens and it may keep it from happening again. To me, that's what open forums are about.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
What's the harm in blaming someone if it was legitimately their fault. It happens and it may keep it from happening again. To me, that's what open forums are about.

I 120% agree!!! I don't see what's the sense of having a build thread on a forum is if your not willing to share the info good or bad. :confused:

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I agree, sharing what happened is a good thing. However, at this point, I believe he is only speculating, and wants to wait to have confirmation before saying what happened.

This is also good. That way someone doesn't get slammed when they might not have done anything wrong. Wait until you have facts, then share, IMO.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Not telling at this point, I promise it was not a oval bowl piston or crank issue.

Good to know it wasn't a crank or piston issue. Those are usually expensive fixes when they go right?

But I don't understand why your keeping this a secret. Are you running sponsored parts?
If so then I understand.

There are over 500 posts in this thread and you have pretty much detailed every part of the build. And now you have gone mum about it when shit went sideways? I don't get it.

If you payed for the parts and the build or it was a mistake you made I see no reason not to share. It may help others in their build as they know they might need to take extra care at that point in the build. I for one am one of these people as my engine is at the machine shop right now. That's part of what this forum is for.

Two things that drive me up the wall is when someone comes on to a forum asking for help, and you never find out what went wrong, or what fixed the issue. The other is when they go into elaborate detail about a build or racing or similar stuff and then when something breaks or the race is over they won't say what happened or why, post results, etc. Why even post in the first place if your not willing to go the distance?

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Good to know it wasn't a crank or piston issue. Those are usually expensive fixes when they go right?

But I don't understand why your keeping this a secret. Are you running sponsored parts?
If so then I understand.

There are over 500 posts in this thread and you have pretty much detailed every part of the build. And now you have gone mum about it when shit went sideways? I don't get it.

If you payed for the parts and the build or it was a mistake you made I see no reason not to share. It may help others in their build as they know they might need to take extra care at that point in the build. I for one am one of these people as my engine is at the machine shop right now. That's part of what this forum is for.

Two things that drive me up the wall is when someone comes on to a forum asking for help, and you never find out what went wrong, or what fixed the issue. The other is when they go into elaborate detail about a build or racing or similar stuff and then when something breaks or the race is over they won't say what happened or why, post results, etc. Why even post in the first place if your not willing to go the distance?

I feel the same way, and unfortunately thats the way most of the industry is, on a competitive level.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Like I said nothing wrong with keeping issues private in sponsored or partially sponsored situations. Or if they don't know what happened or what the extent of the damage was.

Doing it just because one is embarrassed about problems or failures or just because, especially after going on in detail about the build is weak in my opinion. If my build ends up having a failure, damn sure I will post about it as I may help others in the future by posting my findings. No matter if it was something as foolish as not putting oil in or one of the hard parts I payed good money for failed or if my builder f'd up. I'm just honest and sharing that way. I have nothing to prove or reasons to hide anything.

Not saying either is the case here though as the conditions of the build failure haven't been shared.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Like I said nothing wrong with keeping issues private in sponsored or partially sponsored situations. Or if they don't know what happened or what the extent of the damage was.

Doing it just because one is embarrassed about problems or failures or just because, especially after going on in detail about the build is weak in my opinion. If my build ends up having a failure, damn sure I will post about it as I may help others in the future by posting my findings.

Not saying either is the case here though as the conditions of the build failure haven't been shared.

Unless the part is made by Fuelab:D

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Unless the part is made by Fuelab:D

LOL although I like Fuelab stuff, if I had a failure with it I would post it up. In fact I have one that I will share. The original pump I bought for Simon's race truck seized up. But it had sat for over a year without running so not sure if it was a moisture issue that rusted it or what. I will say that fuelab did replace it under warranty though.

You were just crying because you were mis-informed about a component. Which you were correct about. But you need to know they sell mostly to people that just buy the parts and build their own kits - and until recently, only to racers running fuel cells. They weren't selling kits to diesel folks specifically. As I said in your thread, instead of carrying on about it, you should have shared it with them so they can make it right and change the wording on their website.

I still stand behind their products as being one of the best on the market. Based on my first hand experience with several other systems out there.

But this is for another thread. :eek:fftopic:

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I can say this guys. He is trying to handle this the most legitimate way possible. When he does tell what happened I do not expect you guys to grill him. That seems to be the trend when something seem derogatory towards a favored person on these forums. Most guys would be extremely pissed to the point of not restraining their feelings. He is doing his best to keep it amicable.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
He has said at least 10 times he doesn't want to talk about what happened, why poke the bear just let it be

Well the cat is pretty much out of the bag in another thread so......

Failures happen. Sometimes it's the manufacturer, sometimes the installer, sometimes it just happens. If it's made by man shit can happen. As long as everyone is honest about it and the problem is resolved, keep truckin. I can't see why anyone would flame about it as long as the party(s) involved are honest.