Engine build

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
we had to cut some out of the lower inside of the fender. you can't see it from the side of unless you get up close and are looking for it. I have heard there are aftermarket fenders with a wider opening, haven't had any luck finding them.

Did you have to mod the fender to run 305 that low

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
We didn't take any off the sides of the fenders, sorry for the dirty pic, I live on a dirt road.
picture.php
we had to cut some out of the lower inside of the fender. you can't see it from the side of unless you get up close and are looking for it. I have heard there are aftermarket fenders with a wider opening, haven't had any luck finding them.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
This is the list of what's been done, I'm sure I left something out.
Mods:

Engine: 6.6 duramax LLY keyed crank, .20 over fingers coated oval bowel pistons 15.5:1 compression, Carrillo rods, SoCal 6480 alt firing order cam, billet rocker bridges, SoCal griddle, SoCal damper, SoCal billet flywheel, billet main caps, DTS ported heads, Hamilton valve springs, rocker studs, 14mm head studs, main studs, billet injector hold down with stud kit, banana oil pan (not yellow),

Cooling: Mishimoto radiator and thermostats, drilled and pined water pump,

Turbos: billet GTX4202R/GT5541R compounds

Fuel: dual air dog 200GPH lift pumps, exergy LBZ 200% over lbz injectors, PPE duel fuel kit, dual Exergy 10mm CP3's, LLY ported fuel rails,

Electronics: EFI live Diesel Addiction acid tuning, lock box

Gauges: AutoMeter, oil pressure, oil temp, water temp, EGT, drive pressure, low boost pressure, high boost pressure, lift pump pressure and rail pressure.

Intake/exhaust: BD inner cooler, PPE (compound turbo) manifolds and up pipes, 5 inch exhaust.

Transmission: Allison 1000, Diesel Addiction full billet custom build.

Suspension: Diesel Addiction custom lowering kit, cognito upper control arms, Diesel Addiction traction bars, transfer case brace, tie rod sleeves and heavy duty front cross member, QA1 coil over on front and dual adj on rear.

Tires: Nitto 420s 305/50r20

Wheels: BMF novakanes 20x9

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
According to wilwood you have to run at least a 20 inch rim. We haven't put the brakes on it yet. Want to see what it does ar the track on some slicks first.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Thank you, I drive it every chance I get. It's really nice to drive. A lot of people said it would never spool... Well I'll tell you it does. I won't drive it in the snow, the rookie drivers in the DC area suck. I'd be pissed if someone ran into me.

I still have a lot I want to do with it. I did send a request to have it put in diesel power magazine. I'd love to see it in there.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
The kid loves it, he throws his hands in the air and yells WEEEEEEEE!!!!! When drifting corners. Wife does not find it all that fun. There have been a few people pull up next to me wanting to play.. They get feelings hurt pretty quick.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Oh man I can only imagine the looks your wife gives you. My boys love mine but we don't get the chance to go fast very often and when we do I generally get a hand squeeze from her. It came out really nice though. Hey on your tail lights do you have any issues with the turn signals blinking fast? I got some ebay lights with resistors and they signals are normal until you brake as well

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I haven't noticed any issues yet with them. I had that in the past and swapped out the front ones with led and it went away. I just got these ones installed... I broke a v band clamp to one of my wastegates today, so I'm waiting on that to show up... :(

Last edited:

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Getting v band clamps swapped out.. It's a tight fit and it cold out. :(
Rear sway bar showed up as well. Need to get the end links cut and welded due to how low truck sits.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Getting v band clamps swapped out.. It's a tight fit and it cold out. :(
Rear sway bar showed up as well. Need to get the end links cut and welded due to how low truck sits.

What brand sway bar did you get, and of course post up when you got it installed.

I've been wondering for a while how one would work with a decent amount of drop.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
It's a helwig one. dustin is running the same one on his and it handles amazing. I'm having issues getting this gate to line back up. I'm prob going remove it, trying to hunt down plugs now.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I followed your thread on and off and recently scrolled through the entire thing, unless I missed it could you post up or pm some specs of your oil cooler setup. What brand and where did you get the sandwich plate and cooler, also what brand of lines are those as well they look beefy and really nice.