LBZ: Egr removal

crowbird90

Jun 30, 2012
Hartselle Alabama
Hey,New to this forum & to duramax.I have 07 duramax classic with 54000 miles . Got the po403 code I would like to remove egr system.What kind of money will it take?Who will do it? Thanks

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Tony Burkhart at Allseason diesel performance sells a kit and has it on his website. I'm sure there are others also selling kits.

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
You could just block it for a cheap fix($15) or you can spend 3-500 and get a full egr delete which will remove the egr completely and leave you with a snazzy cold side tube. Check thevendor section here. allseason or epr should be able to help you

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
If u can the coin, and u dont have emissions checks, id remove it. There are many that sell kits. Like stated above, check out the Venders section, before my twins, i removed my egr completely with a kit when i was stock, and loved it. Looks nice done to.

Kartmnn

Oct 27, 2011
East Providence RI
I asked this question about two weeks ago and they say a fingerstick wont work. It has a predator tow tune in it. It will stay on the tow tune forever now as I am worried about crankshaft breaking as so many have had.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Wrong wrong wrong. Had a predator set on 120hp for 45,000miles with egr blocked and finger stick in. Was no issues at all. I pulled it out once i switched to efi live a yr ago now.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
As for the crank shaft, some break stock, why worry about something u have no control over. I have 4 duramaxs, everyone has had a 120+ tune in them from day 1. And the oldest dmax i have has 163000. Now. No issues. My truck currently has twin turbos, fuel system upgrades, efi live and on its race tune is over 600hp. Keepin it safe till motor is done this winter. Anyway no issues there either. No reason to worry about crank.

werewolf

Apr 27, 2012
eastern Noth Carolina
Definitely no need to worry about parts that you have no control over. As far as the finger stick goes the egrvalve/system has to still be on the truck and plugged in for it to work and all it will do is keep the light off the dash. So your only option with that is to use block plate.

If you wanted to delete it off the truck then you will also have to get a tuner that will turn the light off.

Or if the light doesn't bother you then you can do the delete and still drive it. Only issue with that to me is you want know if there is another code mixed in as ghe light would always be on.

I would say do something though, i finally deleted mine this weekend and had it off once before and it is nasty, i don't believe the inventors had brain's when developing that system.