LBZ: Egr removal

werewolf

Apr 27, 2012
eastern Noth Carolina
Well i pulled mine to try to clean it because i was getting an insufficient flow code while towing, saw the mess first hand and knew it was time to go. Had to put it back til i got the stuff to delete it which was even 1000 miles yet and it had already started clogging back up.

Kutchey2

Apr 15, 2011
I love my All Seasons Egr Delete... I couldn't believe the amount of crap in the intake... I pulled mine at 170,000 miles, it was a mess inside.

Trotorx2

Sep 21, 2006
Beaumont, Texas
I could really care less about any performance out of it. Knowing that gunk isnt going to clog my engine anymore is good enough for me!:thumb:

Blocking the up pipe will do the samething. I'm just wondering if there is another reason. I can't see any hp increase from it but maybe with the better flow a little better mpg. I don't know just wondering.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Yeah i know. 600hp isnt the safest but still tame compared to what some run on stock motors and tame for what the twins are capable of. :roflmao: still u got my point.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
U could mod your own up pipe and spend 300. That way its all gone, looks nicer under the hood, and flows better to. All u have to do is cut the egr pipe off the up pipe, weld a cap on and the u just remove the rest off engine, and save alittle coin.

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
Tony's kit does make it run better, cooler, it is a power increase too. I'm putting my truck on the dyno after the 4th is done to get the power reading after my complete EGR delete from Tony. I had new EFI tune put in just before the EGR delete to compare the readings from dyno for my own eyes I know it feels and runs stronger just don't have a document to prove it. Dyno isn't for any big reason just my comparison since it feels better how much is it though.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Wrong wrong wrong. Had a predator set on 120hp for 45,000miles with egr blocked and finger stick in. Was no issues at all. I pulled it out once i switched to efi live a yr ago now.
You are correct if someone only wants to install a blocker, but the guy was asking about doing a delete. In order for the Finger's Stick to work, the EGR valve has to be in place and functional.

BenFoo

Dually
Nov 27, 2011
Philadelphia
Ive started to look for an EGR delete for my tow rig as well. Im interested to see if theres an answer to the "hp improvent".

rbsduramax05

Aug 1, 2011
Va
all season diesel performance, you can get a blocker plate and fingerstick or they sell a complete EGR kit!