Egr delete question

Parker_

I'm a torque addict !!
May 13, 2014
Blythe ca
Okay so just to start I wanna clarify I have searched and ready they 1 million other threads . Can't seem to find my answer . Also I don't wanna blow black smoke with this being said I just ordered the sinister egr delete kit for my lly and I am curious is it going to cause my truck to smoke . The reason I ask is because if the spot and what not that goes through the egr is deleted it will now go out of the exhaust right ? My main goal here is to get better life out of y motor and maybe a 1-2 mpg gain and longer oil life . So can anyone answer my question will the egr delete cause my truck to smoke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parker_

I'm a torque addict !!
May 13, 2014
Blythe ca
Just to prevent the smoke bs . It'd be a waste of cash if I went that route and then started smoking

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
Get some EFI Live tunes that will help MPG. If you work with the tuner you can get 99% of the smoke gone and still make more power and better MPG.

From what I have seen and heard the sinister kits do not fit the best. So take your time putting it on and check for leaks. You may have to make it fit right.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Sinister is Crapola! Junk POS! they have bit me a few times and the last straw was a couple week ago when i installed one of their 6.0 oil coolers which was stupid on my part it was shit from the get go and filled the cooling system with engine oil. and guess what SINISTER said sorry for you bad luck. Use profab or something I believe he is a vender on here.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I'd also suggest an alternate EGR delete kit, from the likes of;
SDP
DHD(AllSeasons)
Profab
HSP
Any of those kits will be superb

As others have mentioned, the Banks tuning will not shut off the EGR parameters, it will probably clear the codes for a moment, but it won't turn off ANY of the egr functions.

I wouldn't expect to see any increase in MPG due to "only" an EGR delete, it'd even be unlikely to see gains with a tune, as the new found power is hard to resist.

With a DSP-5 switch/EFI-Live tuning, You shouldn't see any soot or particulates in the exhaust stream in your stock tune, probably not the #2 (heavy tow)tune either, maybe a tiny bit (I mean TINY) with the #3 (light tow) tune, a little bit with the #4 (street/performance) tune, but you'll get a noticeable amount with the #5 (race) max effort tune. Nothing like a 5.9 dodge, you won't be smoking out the road or anything like that even in the #5 tune, which "can" produce +130whp

Is your truck the late model LLY with a 6sp? If so, I'd highly suggest adding a TransGoJr shift kit to your mods/parts list for $100 (or less). As you can quickly chew up an Allison at +100whp over stock, and EFI-Live tuning can produce much more than that. It's a cheap bandaid/safeguard to "help" to prevent damaging an expensive piece of equipment

EDIT:
Nvrmnd
Read your info, 05LLY..
The 5-sp shift kit is much more involved, just save up for a built trans.

Parker_

I'm a torque addict !!
May 13, 2014
Blythe ca
I'd also suggest an alternate EGR delete kit, from the likes of;
SDP
DHD(AllSeasons)
Profab
HSP
Any of those kits will be superb

As others have mentioned, the Banks tuning will not shut off the EGR parameters, it will probably clear the codes for a moment, but it won't turn off ANY of the egr functions.

I wouldn't expect to see any increase in MPG due to "only" an EGR delete, it'd even be unlikely to see gains with a tune, as the new found power is hard to resist.

With a DSP-5 switch/EFI-Live tuning, You shouldn't see any soot or particulates in the exhaust stream in your stock tune, probably not the #2 (heavy tow)tune either, maybe a tiny bit (I mean TINY) with the #3 (light tow) tune, a little bit with the #4 (street/performance) tune, but you'll get a noticeable amount with the #5 (race) max effort tune. Nothing like a 5.9 dodge, you won't be smoking out the road or anything like that even in the #5 tune, which "can" produce +130whp

Is your truck the late model LLY with a 6sp? If so, I'd highly suggest adding a TransGoJr shift kit to your mods/parts list for $100 (or less). As you can quickly chew up an Allison at +100whp over stock, and EFI-Live tuning can produce much more than that. It's a cheap bandaid/safeguard to "help" to prevent damaging an expensive piece of equipment

EDIT:
Nvrmnd
Read your info, 05LLY..
The 5-sp shift kit is much more involved, just save up for a built trans.

My issue with getting efi live is I live in the middle of know where how am I gonna get it tuned Phoenix is closest at 2 and a half hrs . And will it be safe for my trans ? Also if I ever wanna et different tunes can I plug in to my lap top or doni have to send efi off . Send me someone's info that's reputable . I always here efi live but don't know jack . I've searched and read and read . I wanna ditch the econo mind but I'd like to sell it not throw it away

Parker_

I'm a torque addict !!
May 13, 2014
Blythe ca
Okay so I'm unsure about my trans it's a ally model1000 and as for efi live I live 2 and a half hrs away if like to sell the banks module and get efi live . But how's that work send off my efi ? And as the egr I've seen a bunch of videos online of guys saying it's not throwing codes for the same year truck . Not saying mine will or won't just saying that's what I've seen .but I don't quite fully understand the egr delete . If I don't tune it . It won't work properly

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Nothing wrong with Banks if you stay somewhat stock. I had a 6-gun on my 03 and loved it. It made enough power to limp the stock trans, what more could you want? lol. When you start doing deletes your best bet is EFI. Several good vendors here that can send you an autocal and email you tunes and talk you through loading them.

Parker_

I'm a torque addict !!
May 13, 2014
Blythe ca
Okay I'm gonna have to get me one . So if I install that egr delete it's pointless with that banks economind on there right ?i won't be able to use my truck unless I get efi live to get rid of the code ?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
You can use it, but you'll have to stare at a CEL on all the time. If you want EFILive, you can buy an AutoCal from a number of vendors on this site. Several of them will even offer free tuning changes if you ever make any other modifications to your truck.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Yes you will have issues deleting the EGR without the proper programing. If your not going to go crazy with mods like a bigger charger or so you could just do an EGR blocker plate for around 20 bucks that will give you pretty much the same benefit as the delete. You still need the proper tuning with it too.

Parker_

I'm a torque addict !!
May 13, 2014
Blythe ca
Thanks gentleman . Treed by josh what's that mean ? Like he schooled me ?