Egr delete question

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
You wont have issues if you delete the EGR but do not tune the truck. Like Josh said you will simply have to stare at the CEL all the time. The issue with this is you will end up not knowing when a more important code comes up.

You can probably sell you economind on CL or eBay.

You do not need a tuner close by, just need to get setup with an Autocal for EFI Live. This will allow you and the tuner to exchange info/tunes without needing the truck there or a laptop in the truck.

You will not see any smoke from the EGR delete. The EGR is only used at certain times, yes the stuff that would go through it now goes through your exhaust but thats a good thing. The air that goes into your engine is now cleaner with more oxygen. This produces higher NOX levels but lower PM levels. Potentially. You also wont see any miracle gains from deleting it either. You just have one less thing to worry about basically. Engine reliability goes up but the rest of your truck will rot out and be junk before you notice that.

I've always used RDL's (ProFab) pipes. Fit is top notch, never needed to modify one. HSP and DHD have good reps as well.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
My issue with getting efi live is I live in the middle of know where how am I gonna get it tuned Phoenix is closest at 2 and a half hrs . And will it be safe for my trans ? Also if I ever wanna et different tunes can I plug in to my lap top or doni have to send efi off . Send me someone's info that's reputable . I always here efi live but don't know jack . I've searched and read and read . I wanna ditch the econo mind but I'd like to sell it not throw it away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like LWatson said, EFI is the best tuning and it's super simple to set up, pretty much a plug and play scenario with an auto cal, all you HAVE TO do is set up the switch, or you can get a single tune, I like having options tho.

There's several guys that are reputable tuners here on the forum, I think there's a guy pretty close to you, actually, Steve Schmitzer W/SSDiesel tuning, he's a vendor here and I'm sure would be willing to help ya out, you might even be able to get him to do in seat tuning, which is always a plus but not really necessary for a "stock" truck

Here's a link to his thread;
http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44625

Parker_

I'm a torque addict !!
May 13, 2014
Blythe ca
Awesome everyone . Thanks for all the help I now understand about efi live . Appreciate the patients and feedback . I guess the next question is what's a good price for the econo mind lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk