Egr delete is a must

Apr 15, 2015
dallas
Changing injectors and cp3. This is what the egr intake pipe looked like with 130k on the clock. I was debating on doing a delete on my lbz I just picked up. But it's got to go. 1/8"-1/4" all the way around clogged. Stupid.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
I don't think that oil hurts anything and keeps truck from smelling like burnt oil. A oil film is fine as long as you keep soot out in my opinion.

AZlml

Jun 5, 2016
Goodyear, AZ
I had oil pooling in low spots like my intercooler boot before re-route at 75k. A minor amount of oil from the pcv over time turns into quite a bit of oil.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
I rerouted my pcv at 10k and blocked my egr at 12k and my intake runners and stuff had very minimal soot, just a theory, but I’d do the reroute and wait a few thousand miles to block or delete to burn some of that junk out of the motor.

Apr 15, 2015
dallas
I don't think that oil hurts anything and keeps truck from smelling like burnt oil. A oil film is fine as long as you keep soot out in my opinion.

My lb7 never has smelt like burnt oil. Oil film on the inside of the intercooler has to reduce cooling efficiency.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I agree. My lb7 with 250000 miles looks brand new on the intake side. Pcv on them dump on the ground.

So does mine with just the EGR deleted. Just a little oil film that doesn’t hurt anything.

One the other hand heard of a few people blowing seals when their PCV reroutes froze up on them this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
So does mine with just the EGR deleted. Just a little oil film that doesn’t hurt anything.

One the other hand heard of a few people blowing seals when their PCV reroutes froze up on them this year.

We see it a lot.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand

Ya, That came close to happening to my on my lly.

I ended up cutting the reroughted hose at a angle instead of flat and it never happened again. Also zip tied it a little closer to the motor.

Apr 15, 2015
dallas
On the lb7s it's a metal line to top engine to bottom in front of engine behind radiator. And I don't see any complaints about freezing on them. Or am I wrong?