Egr delete is a must

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
On the lb7s it's a metal line to top engine to bottom in front of engine behind radiator. And I don't see any complaints about freezing on them. Or am I wrong?

You are correct. LB7 is an actual filter set up that returns oil back into engine. Located on the front right side of the engine. Also breather goes straight down so it don't hurt moisture.
Most reroute kits run hoses under the cab. With the cold winters up north it becomes a issue.
I think people on these forums over think stuff. I've never pulled a duramax intercooler that had a lot of oil in it unless turbo failed. A film of oil is not going to change flow. To me it's like a additional air filter. The only downfall I see is the oil residue can make it hard for charger boots to grab.

Apr 15, 2015
dallas
Ok thanks. The main reason I started this thread was because of the egr pipe I pulled off the lly I was working on. I'm still planning on deleting it and thinking of leaving the pcv alone.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Ok thanks. The main reason I started this thread was because of the egr pipe I pulled off the lly I was working on. I'm still planning on deleting it and thinking of leaving the pcv alone.

Egr is a must to go. That soot and oil does not mix well. I would leave the ccv myself.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
You are correct. LB7 is an actual filter set up that returns oil back into engine. Located on the front right side of the engine. Also breather goes straight down so it don't hurt moisture.
Most reroute kits run hoses under the cab. With the cold winters up north it becomes a issue.
I think people on these forums over think stuff. I've never pulled a duramax intercooler that had a lot of oil in it unless turbo failed. A film of oil is not going to change flow. To me it's like a additional air filter. The only downfall I see is the oil residue can make it hard for charger boots to grab.

I don't think we over think stuff, we actually take it to basics. the crank case vent was always to the ground PRE emissions. I personally think you are crazy running a built motor with a CCV to the turbos. im not here to change your mind or act like I know better than you, however a built motor requires a break in of the rings and this will allow a blow by until the rings are set.....that is fact. some build allow less and seat fast. I just simply cant believe you think this is OK? there is simply NO use for oil residue to go into the intake system