EFILive Cummins 2006+ 5.9L & 6.7L BBR

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
Had to jump in on this one, that truck is setup for sled pulling. Im am sure you were just givin him crap cause I see you are from Angelo too and probably know him, but John was having trouble keeping that big turbo spooled of the line that night, and that was just one run you posted. He managed to knock off a few 13.7 second runs in that truck, and that was with a six speed manual transmssion with a 3850 DD clutch that isnt real friendly on the 1/4 mile. BTW the truck of yours was runnin good that night:thumb:.

Excuses excuses. I laided down a 13.8 in my truck that night too. And it is a gear jammer also.:D

mattpopp

Oct 30, 2009
What the hell does money have to do with it. So we shouldn't count banks work on making a cummins go 220 mph or whatever it was.

Anything Banks did with a Cummins a few years back, Well I have not brought it up and I will not bring it up. He's in a league of his own.

mattpopp

Oct 30, 2009
oh, but yours isnt a 12,000lb mega cab, its a 3,500lb chevy regular cab, so that doesnt count. The cumminGs guys have an excuse for everything.. :D

Man, you're worst then Micheal Moore.

Mega Cab, around the 7700lb mark. That's with the Solid Front axle.

Just jokes guy,

Last edited:

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
yeah your truck was puttin down good numbers too:thumb:, but was it doin it on 37" tires?

No I didn't come to the races to rock crawl, I went to do my best and put down as good a number as I could. If he didn't want to change tires and wheels then why complain about slow times.

It will probably just be the 06 and newer cummins. Because they switched to a CAN Bus system in 06, the earlier trucks used a SCI system and I don't think the EFI can support it. The 6.7 will fail after 1000hp. The greater angle on the rods from the longer stroke adds alot of stress to it

That's not what we said, we said that from a development perspective we intend to give preference to the CAN based system.

Think of it like this - when we started providing tuning solutions for Duramax the LB7 and LLY were using systems similar to what we were familiar with in LS1. Then along came the LBZ and Bosch - completely foreign to anything we'd done before. We think of it like this why start from scratch when you can use past learnings along the way. In this instance we know and understand CAN, we'll use this knowledge to help our 06+ Cummins support (ie some of the pieces of the puzzle already fit). The specific Cummins knowledge gained in this exercise may then be applied to work backwards with SCI. Who knows if it will work or not, opnly development time will tell, but I will say it's much easier to develop when some pieces of the puzzle are already completed rather than starting from a blank page.

Cheers
Cindy

Philtopgun

Nice n Easy
May 5, 2007
Edmond,OK-still a Texan
I bought from Banks and they gave me the best customer service possible. I called twice on different occassions and got two different reps. Both were outstanding and gave me step to step advice. I had a bad part and they even scheduled a new to be delivered while I was on the phone. I said I'd shipped the other part first and they said that wasnt even necessary to send the part and expect my part in the mail soon! I bought from them and received the best customer service you could ask for. Just my experience.

Now I need to read more about the good news for the competition. Congrats to the cummins. Friend has one and he wont race me anymore. Hope he will buy efi and we can race again and have fun. Congrats to the dmax(especially GMC) for still being the best.

Big Thumper

N2O Pusher
Oct 16, 2009
Personally, I can't wait until the Cummins ECM gets opened up - it'll be good for 'competition', and business, for everyone.

Accessibility, people.

Oh yeah, page 10. Niiiiice.

Last edited by a moderator:

mattpopp

Oct 30, 2009
That's not what we said, we said that from a development perspective we intend to give preference to the CAN based system.

Think of it like this - when we started providing tuning solutions for Duramax the LB7 and LLY were using systems similar to what we were familiar with in LS1. Then along came the LBZ and Bosch - completely foreign to anything we'd done before. We think of it like this why start from scratch when you can use past learnings along the way. In this instance we know and understand CAN, we'll use this knowledge to help our 06+ Cummins support (ie some of the pieces of the puzzle already fit). The specific Cummins knowledge gained in this exercise may then be applied to work backwards with SCI. Who knows if it will work or not, opnly development time will tell, but I will say it's much easier to develop when some pieces of the puzzle are already completed rather than starting from a blank page.

Cheers
Cindy

That was just the information that I got off of your forum, at least that is how I read it. Yall just seemed very skeptical of the 05 and earlier SCI system. If yall could reach back to the Gen 2's 98.5 that would be awesome but if yall are limited to 06 an later, well that will be awesome to. At this point we will take what ever you give us. Not that we need more Power, why put 1 or 2 car links between a duramax and a cummins when you could have 3 or 4 up on them.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
That was just the information that I got off of your forum, at least that is how I read it. Yall just seemed very skeptical of the 05 and earlier SCI system. If yall could reach back to the Gen 2's 98.5 that would be awesome but if yall are limited to 06 an later, well that will be awesome to. At this point we will take what ever you give us. Not that we need more Power, why put 1 or 2 car links between a duramax and a cummins when you could have 3 or 4 up on them.

I think she explained it pretty well.

Cliff Notes Version: How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

What we know at this stage is it might be feasible. From past experience with the EFILive team, I can tell you that even when they have said that things looked impossible, somehow they pull it off.