EFILive Cummins 2006+ 5.9L & 6.7L BBR

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Idk, I saw a stand-alone tuned (I assume this would be custom tuning) CR cummins pull in 3.0 out at Schieds and it was not impressive.

i am sure the Smarty guys have found what tables are needed to make peak power... i doubt this is going to give them the ability to pick up a bunch of horsepower.

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
if the cummins gets efilive its all over for the duramax's. they've got nothing left going for them. EFILive is THE ONLY reason the duramax's are currently as competitive as they are against the cummins.

if you guys think the dmax will still be able to hang with the cummins in big power/big competition once the playing field is leveled (by both having efilive) you are sadly mistaken.

ben
I respectfully disagree :)

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
As much as it sucks to say, I predict world domination for the Dodge's if they get anything for tuning like what we currently have. They are gtting 9's without EFI, just think of how fast they will be runing with it!!:(

Dont get to worried. Just because EFI Live has software to read the code does not mean the tables in the code will have enough RPM in them to be really useful. Looking at both engines from an airflow stand point the Cummins is a hurting puppy. Even with a full on port, sheetmetal intake the dont flow as much as Guys street ports. His stage 2 , Comp ports, and ZZs all flow way better. When you break it down these are all just air pumps.

Cummins is not the only one in the 9s with out EFI Live. G&J Diesel ran in the 9 with a PPE handheld.;)

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
i am sure the Smarty guys has found what tables are needed to make peak power... i doubt this is going to give them the ability to pick up a bunch of horsepower.

I agree Nick, the Smarty guys have already found the tables I believe...this will just allow the owners to tune the truck themselves.

Honestly, I say bring it on...an advancement on their side could/probably would bring innovation to our side.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Data-logging is a huge thing to consider. The dodge guys didn't have this before like we have and it will greatly improve their tuning-I guarantee it!!

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I think the Cummins guys are already datalogging in a very sophisticated manner:

"Heck Bubba, they ain't much smoke, I still sees the sun!"

"You right Jimbo, needs some of them .090" x 6 sticks prolly."

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I think the Cummins guys are already datalogging in a very sophisticated manner:

"You is right Jimbo, needs some of them .090" x 6 sticks prolly."

hahahaha I think I just woke up the whole house laughing. :rofl:

There needs to be a disclaimer in the efilive manual: "warning! users must have a total of 9 teeth or more to use this product" :D

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006

There needs to be a disclaimer in the efilive manual: "warning! users must have a total of 9 teeth or more to use this product" :D

LOL or "must have not made relations with his/her cousin"

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky

EFI Live may have wasted money building this product, I don't think they will get very much business if the above are requirments...

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Idk, I saw a stand-alone tuned (I assume this would be custom tuning) CR cummins pull in 3.0 out at Schieds and it was not impressive.

That was also the 1st and 2nd pull ever on that truck with a fresh single turbo set up and stand alone controller. I'm not saying we should all sell our trucks but it should make the CR dodge more competitive with a Dmax. When this comes out.......

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
I still don't get why everyone is freaking out. This isn't the end all be all for cummins performance. They still break parts at a certain hp level. The cummins is already in the 9s with what they have. This is just gonna give them a means to do it easier without all the stacking and other nonsence. I don't see it as anything to worry about.

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania

"You right Jimbo, needs some of them .090" x 6 sticks prolly."

:spit: :rofl:

That was also the 1st and 2nd pull ever on that truck with a fresh single turbo set up and stand alone controller. I'm not saying we should all sell our trucks but it should make the CR dodge more competitive with a Dmax. When this comes out.......

I just stated what I witnessed, I didn't know the backstory.

If stand alone tuning is available, then custom tuning is already available for the CR cummins...just not to the masses.

'strokeThis_'07

Oct 2, 2009
Laramie, WY
That truck pulling with a stand alone is Dominator Diesels truck. Its currently the only truck running one, a Bosch standalone, atleast that I know of. I believe theyre running the 15.1, which runs about $14-16k. Theres also the Sport which is around $4600 I believe...

Compare that to maybe around $800-1000 for EFI, that leaves ALOT of coin for turbos/injectors/trans, etc.

Now, if this Cummins EFI lives up to the legacy the EFILive name has come to in the GM world, and truly allows custom tuning like you guys have, this is a HUGE step. We'll be able to fine tune it to our mods, instead of having a box tune. Do you really think the Smarty is using the full potential of the tables? I doubt it. Word is Marco is working on a hotter tune than the current TNT...

If its like the GM EFILive, guaranteed Ill buy one :thumb:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
That truck pulling with a stand alone is Dominator Diesels truck. Its currently the only truck running one, a Bosch standalone, atleast that I know of. I believe theyre running the 15.1, which runs about $14-16k. Theres also the Sport which is around $4600 I believe...

Compare that to maybe around $800-1000 for EFI, that leaves ALOT of coin for turbos/injectors/trans, etc.

Now, if this Cummins EFI lives up to the legacy the EFILive name has come to in the GM world, and truly allows custom tuning like you guys have, this is a HUGE step. We'll be able to fine tune it to our mods, instead of having a box tune. Do you really think the Smarty is using the full potential of the tables? I doubt it. Word is Marco is working on a hotter tune than the current TNT...

If its like the GM EFILive, guaranteed Ill buy one :thumb:

It's not close to production release yet, but I doubt they are going to give up.

CR Dodges share more in common with a Dmax from a performance perspective than they share with 12v's. And the new Fords are CR too.

I would be surprised if it completely blows the Smarty setups away. We used to make some pretty solid power with the Dmaxes stacking various devices. Where EFILive will shine, will be datalogging what your truck is doing, then fine tuning for your specific modifications. Many of the current driveability issues with max effort CR's should go away with a little legwork and a good tool.

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
Wonder if any consideration should be noted for failures from the goof ball tuned factor? Oops, should have had a - were that + is. More failures due to learning the software? Or, will the Duramax guys begin tuning Cummins?

Jul 31, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Wonder if any consideration should be noted for failures from the goof ball tuned factor? Oops, should have had a - were that + is. More failures due to learning the software? Or, will the Duramax guys begin tuning Cummins?

I'm sure they will sell tunes for the cummins once they are figured out. I'm sure there are SOME smart cummins guys out there that can figure it out somewhat quick, Even the duramax tuners had to start somewhere. I think it's awesome that they are working on making it happen. More people to help make things better and faster is the way I see it.:thumb: