Rapid city South Dakota
Look at this
1296d1331085879-07-5-lmm-egr.jpg

Ugh, okay point taken.

maxpwr69

Learning
Jul 8, 2009
Rapid city South Dakota
Yeah I'm not an expert (or anything close to it for that matter), but that can't be good. Has to be a better way for manufactures to design that.
BTW, I really appreciate everone's help here. :thumb:

maxpwr69

Learning
Jul 8, 2009
Rapid city South Dakota
Well took the plunge. Got the AFE DPF delete pipe and CTS monitor today. Now I have to sit and look at them until the rest of the stuff shows up. :mad: Now I remember what it was like being a kid waiting for christmas.

muddoc

Just add more fuel
Sep 25, 2011
Dayton,Tx
There is a spring that keeps it closed. It has boost on one side of the valve that helps keep it closed and exhaust drive pressure on the other side trying to blow it open. If the drive pressure is a lot higher than boost, I could see it being possible to blow it open, but I have never personally seen it.

Quick question how can drive pressure ever be lower than boost on a truck in stock trim?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Quick question how can drive pressure ever be lower than boost on a truck in stock trim?
If you really think I said drive pressure has to be lower, you need to go back to elementary school to work on your reading comprehension skills.
Funny how this question was never answered
I didn't see it until now.

I don't know why you think you have to come here just to stir up shit, but if that is your only reason to be here, I don't think we need you as a member.

muddoc

Just add more fuel
Sep 25, 2011
Dayton,Tx
If you really think I said drive pressure has to be lower, you need to go back to elementary school to work on your reading comprehension skills.

I didn't see it until now.

I don't know why you think you have to come here just to stir up shit, but if that is your only reason to be here, I don't think we need you as a member.

Sure seemed like that is what you were getting at, wanted some clarification so no one read that and actually thought that was possible.

But if your butthurt is that great that you want to ban me yet again go ahead, I know being an internet toughguy is hard so if you feel the need to flex your e-peen be my guest.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Sure seemed like that is what you were getting at, wanted some clarification so no one read that and actually thought that was possible.

But if your butthurt is that great that you want to ban me yet again go ahead, I know being an internet toughguy is hard so if you feel the need to flex your e-peen be my guest.

I don't see how anyone can think a post saying drive pressure would have to be "a lot higher than boost" would take that to mean drive pressure would ever be lower than boost. It has nothing to do with the EGR valve or EFILive, but you CAN have more boost than drive pressure on a stock truck. If you've ever made your turbo bark, you have experienced it (assuming you even have a Duramax).

I never said I was going to ban you. I said if you are going to do nothing other than stir up shit, we don't need you as a member. However, if you want to continue to be an internet douche bag and contribute absolutely nothing useful (which from what I have seen, you have yet to do here), I can make it happen if that is what you want. I'd rather see you quit acting like an ass and be a helpful contributing member, but that choice is totally yours. I guess you're upset because you got your hand slapped when you couldn't play nice and follow the request of someone in a position of authority (FYI, I'm not talking about myself). It is totally up to you.

muddoc

Just add more fuel
Sep 25, 2011
Dayton,Tx
I don't see how anyone can think a post saying drive pressure would have to be "a lot higher than boost" would take that to mean drive pressure would ever be lower than boost. It has nothing to do with the EGR valve or EFILive, but you CAN have more boost than drive pressure on a stock truck. If you've ever made your turbo bark, you have experienced it (assuming you even have a Duramax). (on my 2nd one bro :thumb: )

I never said I was going to ban you. I said if you are going to do nothing other than stir up shit, we don't need you as a member. However, if you want to continue to be an internet douche bag and contribute absolutely nothing useful (which from what I have seen, you have yet to do here), I can make it happen if that is what you want. I'd rather see you quit acting like an ass and be a helpful contributing member, but that choice is totally yours. I guess you're upset because you got your hand slapped when you couldn't play nice and follow the request of someone in a position of authority (FYI, I'm not talking about myself). It is totally up to you.

I have no problem contributing to the forum but you taking me questioning someone's OPINION as me not contributing is in itself an OPINION and those are pretty useless when in a role of authority.

Silencing an opposing idea is not in the best interest of the whole but in the best interest of the few.

If everyone wants to sit around and agree on a select few ideas that is fine by me but it does nothing to better the whole group.

If my lack of respect for internet authority makes you think I am useless to the forum you play rent-a-cop on then fine by me.

Forums are for people to converse opinions and share tech knowledge. If one is not wanted neither is the other in my eyes.