LMM: EFI live

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
It'll get resolved if mike actually want the help. I'm trying really hard there.

And s phinney

it's custom tunes because all the customers can send us logs to fine tune it and make it fit there needs perfectly but we have to start somewhere and that's what I mean by 100s bud. 100s of stock lbzs but after they receive the tune I show them how to log and send that to us. Does that make more sense, I understand your confusion and should have made that more clear, sorry dude :).

Not to distract from the thread Dustin, But I am well versed on EFI Live tuning. I am not confused at all. You only claimed that it couldn't be the tune because it had worked hundreds of times before. I believe that it could have been the tune. Hopefully you and he get it all worked out so we have threads that add to peoples knowledge instead of show their ignorance.

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
The egr blocker was ordered the same time the exhaust tunes and dsp5 just for info.

Ordered and installed r 2 different things. Only reason I ask is because I put tunes from xxxxxxx in an lbz and it ran like shit. But it was built for the egr to b blocked. But the kid was scared to do it himself so the bigger tunes were blowing the egr open.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I just have to ask how is it possible to blow open an egr? I hear people talking about this all the time. It would have to be stuck slighty open already from soot build up, and leak all the time. I don't see how it can just blow open by itself.

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
I just have to ask how is it possible to blow open an egr? I hear people talking about this all the time. It would have to be stuck slighty open already from soot build up, and leak all the time. I don't see how it can just blow open by itself.

It's a valve, anything can happen with a valve. I work in a world of valves. It should have a fail open/closed also. I would tend to think fail closed but not sure. Some of the valves I've seen pics of we're sooted up with low miles. Gm replaced mine at 35k miles cause it was bad. Not sure what "bad" means though. I could b totally wrong but I think it takes power to open the egr and when u unplug it it should close. But if it's gummed up it won't close all the way. Hence the reason I say it could blow open under wot on a bigger tune.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
There is a spring that keeps it closed. It has boost on one side of the valve that helps keep it closed and exhaust drive pressure on the other side trying to blow it open. If the drive pressure is a lot higher than boost, I could see it being possible to blow it open, but I have never personally seen it.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Mine would blow open and limit my boost to about 25 psi. After installing a blocker plate running the same tune I would hit 32 psi. This was with my stock vvt and a PPE xcellerator. It also smoked like a freight train without the blocker, with the blocker plate in it spooled quicker and cleaned up much better.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Ordered and installed r 2 different things. Only reason I ask is because I put tunes from xxxxxxx in an lbz and it ran like shit. But it was built for the egr to b blocked. But the kid was scared to do it himself so the bigger tunes were blowing the egr open.
I understand,all work was done by Mike and myself in my shop other then the auto cal.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
But its a butterfly valve, right? Even if dp is higher than boost you should have equal pressure on either side of the pivot point trying to open it and close it. But, I guess its just one of those odd things that can happen. It just goes against my logic I guess, wouldn't be the first thing though haha

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Bobo

Aug 27, 2006
So in a 5 min drive you can deem this man's truck as mechanically sound? That the same exact tune in hundreds of other lbz's run in this same way and no one else reliezes it? Did you ride in it on the stock tune and log it to see what was going on? So is it only seeing 10* at WOT or only after it hit 4th gear as stated previously?

Yes. It's a stock LBZ. I know them well. It's pretty easy to check MAF, vane, MAP, fuel psi, pulse, timing, DSP switch operation etc in a matter of seconds on a warm truck. It's not rocket science.

If you don't believe me, go to IL and see it for yourself. Maybe 100's do run that way. How would I know or why would I care?

Bobo

Aug 27, 2006
There is a spring that keeps it closed. It has boost on one side of the valve that helps keep it closed and exhaust drive pressure on the other side trying to blow it open. If the drive pressure is a lot higher than boost, I could see it being possible to blow it open, but I have never personally seen it.

On my 05 Lly, the log would show the position creep open under heavy boost.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
But its a butterfly valve, right? Even if dp is higher than boost you should have equal pressure on either side of the pivot point trying to open it and close it. But, I guess its just one of those odd things that can happen. It just goes against my logic I guess, wouldn't be the first thing though haha

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Its not a butterfly, it has a plunger and it "strokes" per say.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
You guys that are having issues with limiters etc: send me a PM!!

Don't worry I don't want your money lol, just trying to help guys on the site go fast. If its just an overlooked limiter (very common) you'll be moving like you should be in no time.

With all the bad going on here thought I'd throw some good vibes in the hat.

Sent from my iPhone.

Hey steve can i have some new big tuna :rofl: so.far from reading this i know i need to add timing everywhere and i can blow smoke and not loose timing at shifts :spit:

Ok in all seriousness hope it get resolved i have experience with rob and hes a awesome guy never even meet or talked to dustin so no idea so hopefully it works out but i know how this kinda stuff goes theres so much diesel drama in my area its unreal lol.

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
Look at this
1296d1331085879-07-5-lmm-egr.jpg