EFILive Duramax Tuning Class

Gasuout

Johnny
Mar 20, 2008
Santa Ana , Ca.
All the staff was dancing around him singing in Spanish while Dan was sitting there in a goofy looking hat with a bowl of ice cream in front of him. :rofl:

I have no idea why they would have thought it was Dan's birthday. :confused:

Too funny , bummed I missed all the fun .

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
To the attendees:

I handed out the diplomas late. Kat had made up some nice ones, but half the crew split before I remembered to hand them out. Send me a PM with your address and I will mail them to you.

We covered an awful lot of stuff, but didn't get to everything I wanted to cover.

For future classes, I'm thinking:

1) One day, Intro to EFILive for Diesels. This will how to scan and how to flash. For total beginners.

2) Two day, Intermediate EFILive for Diesels. This will cover how to interpret scan data, and how to build "tuning-only" tunes of various HP outputs, for both mileage and for performance.

3) Advanced EFILive for Diesels, this will require the Intermediate class to be completed first. I'm not sure whether this would be one day or two. This will cover advanced datalogging, advanced tuning for heavily modified trucks, and how to adjust trucks on the dyno for maximum power. It will have to be held at a dyno facility.

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
Sounds like a great plan Pat.

Would this last class constitute completion of the Intermediate class, or at least if we attended both the EFI University class and your class? (Actually I think Im the only one who did both).

After playing for a few more weeks I think Id be ready for the advanced class, and would love to get some Dyno time with a truck.

Ill shoot over a PM for my super special completion certificate :D

GTA23109a

<-- Prius owners love me
May 9, 2007
Bakersfield, CA
Can't wait for the advanced class Pat!! Thanks to you and Guy for a great weekend of learning! It was great to hang out with everybody and meet some new folks too!

I just got done building my first tune from "scratch" (albeit with plenty of help from my notes of Pat's and Guy's teachings). Although it's pretty basic, and I think I generated more questions than I answered while building it, it was a HUGE self-confidence boost to put what we learned this weekend to use on my own!

Now if I can just get my truck out of alignment-shop purgatory I can try it out. :(

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Yes, that class would qualify as "intermediate" for those who knew already knew how to datalog and how to flash before they attended.

For those didn't, they should take the intermediate first.

The advanced class will be using a big charger truck on the dyno.

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
My apologies to Pat, Guy, Chad, Greg and Scott for my no-show on Sunday...

Some Indians tried to steal my pancreas, but I'm back now;)

I learned a ton on Sat., good job with the instruction...

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Chris, you are just a Man Whore! :devil:

I quickly snapped a couple of pics while the class was in session with Guy teaching.

Attachments

• IMG_2672.JPG
    IMG_2672.JPG
    658.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2673.JPG
    IMG_2673.JPG
    847.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2674.JPG
    IMG_2674.JPG
    786.2 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2675.JPG
    IMG_2675.JPG
    713.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2676.JPG
    IMG_2676.JPG
    653.3 KB · Views: 55

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
PS - Thanks Chris and Jason for helping me setup the classroom. It was deeply appreciated. And thanks to the guys who stayed late and helped me take it all down afterwards! :hug:

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Man I hope I can attend the next class, my buddy and myself would love to fly out and take the class, maybe even road trip, but you will have to dumb it down alot we are from KS,

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I too would LOVE to attend these classes but I simply can't really justify driving or flying out to Cali. for it. Any chance of recording the classes on video or broadcasting them via media conference or something???

C-ya

NelsonDiesel

Formerly StewieTuned
May 8, 2008
Buena Park, CA
www.NelsonDiesel.com
I too would LOVE to attend these classes but I simply can't really justify driving or flying out to Cali. for it. Any chance of recording the classes on video or broadcasting them via media conference or something???

C-ya

I kow there is money to be made buy tapeing the class and sellin it. Just put on those DVD's that can't be copied so you don't have to worry about bootleggin

earlier i agreed but there is a lot of hands on that we did. So i don't see anyone getting the full benefit with videos due to the hands on. The hands on was great because we were able to show ourselves that we really understood....

GTA23109a

<-- Prius owners love me
May 9, 2007
Bakersfield, CA
The hands-on portion of the class was definately key. Although, a DVD to go back and reference would be pretty cool too. My note-taking hasn't improved much since college. :joker: