Duramax C10

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Bumping this thing back up. Actually took a look at the rear end in the c10 and its a 12 bolt. Will a 12 bolt with aftermarket axles, posi (lsd) and welded tubes be able to handle 1200 torq from a dmax?

Levi, could you give me the specs on your 4l80e trans? What aftermarket products it has in it, converter, valve body, shift kit etc...

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
Bumping this thing back up. Actually took a look at the rear end in the c10 and its a 12 bolt. Will a 12 bolt with aftermarket axles, posi (lsd) and welded tubes be able to handle 1200 torq from a dmax?

Levi, could you give me the specs on your 4l80e trans? What aftermarket products it has in it, converter, valve body, shift kit etc...

Yes, it will work if you don't put sticky tires on it or take it to the track. I ran the Dana 61 for about a year with street strip axles and a spool. It worked good until I put slicks on it and lunched at 15psi of boost and the pinion broke.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Yes, it will work if you don't put sticky tires on it or take it to the track. I ran the Dana 61 for about a year with street strip axles and a spool. It worked good until I put slicks on it and lunched at 15psi of boost and the pinion broke.

Thanks bud!

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho

I changed the fluid. :rofl: Seriously, bone stock front to back, just wired it for full manual and lockup. It never ran serious power, probably 400ish but there were zero signs of any parts getting hurt. This year will tell the real tale but everything I've seen, 600ish horse should be okay. Worst case I'll need a good input.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
I changed the fluid. :rofl: Seriously, bone stock front to back, just wired it for full manual and lockup. It never ran serious power, probably 400ish but there were zero signs of any parts getting hurt. This year will tell the real tale but everything I've seen, 600ish horse should be okay. Worst case I'll need a good input.

Nice! :D