Duraflite in an LMM?

Xternal

Aug 31, 2012
That's awesome. I'm guessing this is all done reverse engineering or through hex? Its cool to hear there are other applications for the lmn. I'm guessing hicktowns lmm zf6 had went the route you just went. Idk if you were in the know on that build though to say for sure

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
Had 6 hours into it, but done!

Learned a bunch more today too.
ge5yqa8a.jpg

Very nice so a ZF6 lml would be a cake walk then lol

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
At this point, and after all the hard work yesterday.... I would have to say yes!

You're leaving me hanging about if P0106 is discovered yet!!! :D :p:

So manual trans swap with stabilitrak and cruise control still functional? Have you found out which pins are for clutch pedal switch etc?

So that ECM is capable of controlling an automatic trans directly? It must have a ton of unused GPI/O's...! Very cool ;) :thumb:

Ben

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
You're leaving me hanging about if P0106 is discovered yet!!! :D :p:

So manual trans swap with stabilitrak and cruise control still functional? Have you found out which pins are for clutch pedal switch etc?

So that ECM is capable of controlling an automatic trans directly? It must have a ton of unused GPI/O's...! Very cool ;) :thumb:

Ben

I can kill that if need, but ya need map!

'strokeThis_'07

Oct 2, 2009
Laramie, WY
They're not too bad if you don't mind whiplash. I would never put one in a street truck.

no kidding. i rode in my buddies fully build dodge thats right around 800hp. WOT is great, anything else and its like you get rear ended every time.

The way a 48 drives is entirely in the builder and what they did to the valve body.

I've had a built trans for 6 years; the first two years were crap, I killed it every 6 months on the dot (no joke, 6 months between rebuilds it was dead). And that one's shifting was a little herky but I don't recall it driving badly.

This one (changed builders, Goerend FTW) has been completely flawless, nice firm shifts but not as hard as before, and driving is silky smooth, there's absolutely zero "whiplash" or "feeling like you get rear ended" to it.

The trans itself is dumb, everything is controlled by the valvebody (except lockup and overdrive) and that's both nice and not-so-nice; towing it leaves some to be desired (although I've not towed with this Goerend) but other than that, driving couldn't be simpler.

I think the Allison should/needs to learn after changing tunes, is that correct? It seems the Allison is sometimes too overbearing in it's control, the Dodge trans couldn't care less. Same basic trans design is from about 1962...

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Lots of mis information in here on built 47 shifting. That's entirely in how the builder sets the trans up. Talk to SC, they will build it to shift how you want.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
I have a full billet 47re Dodge. It shifts just fine on the street. Shifts awesome at wot. There is no comparison. For racing it IS superior. This isn't my brothers friends truck, I own it, it sits at my shop. I speak from first hand experience.:thumb:

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Why does it have to make 1000??? I'm saying it's an option for you. And they don't have to knock your teeth out on every shift.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
I'm on the road right now. But the truck runs 6.50s at 101. Trans was installed in 2007. Never been touched since. Whether or not it'll play well for you in your LMM is up to you. Idk anything about that.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Know nothing about putting one in dmax. Only commenting on shift harshness.