Duraflite in an LMM?

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Is this a possible swap? I am up in the air about what to do with my trans. It is perfectly fine right now, but it wasn't built for the power I can make now. I can dump a ton of money in an ally, or a ton of money in something that might actually work right. Anybody know what it would take on the electrical side of things to make this work

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
What are you going to use the truck for, Duraflite is not without it's draw backs. For a full time race truck that's one thing but if you plan to use it for much of anything else not as functional. And at least in the older body styles 01-07 no the T-case will match up with the duraflite adapter. Not sure it wouldn't be cheaper to build your ally to hold your power, lots of 1000 hp trucks living just fine with a good built Allison. Duraflites are not cheap. Might want to talked to some guys who have ran them for more info. Look on the quick 50 list most all who run them are listed there.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
What are you going to use the truck for, Duraflite is not without it's draw backs. For a full time race truck that's one thing but if you plan to use it for much of anything else not as functional. And at least in the older body styles 01-07 no the T-case will match up with the duraflite adapter. Not sure it wouldn't be cheaper to build your ally to hold your power, lots of 1000 hp trucks living just fine with a good built Allison. Duraflites are not cheap. Might want to talked to some guys who have ran them for more info. Look on the quick 50 list most all who run them are listed there.

Thanks for the advice ken. I really don't know what I want to do yet. I just see people dump a ton of money on Allisons and still have to deal with the same issues. I really should buy a different truck and do some swapping and keep this truck nice and street friendly but I am having trouble keeping the power turned down lol

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I'm guessing someone could make a box that would keep the ECM from freaking out? Probably expensive considering there isn't much if any market for one. It would be pretty awesome though. Nothing like a 1000hp truck with a 47/48re locked up.

NAFLASH

Aug 22, 2010
If you drive it on the street, it is absolutely not worth it. Build your Allison to hold more power.

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
There is a guy on Facebook and instagram that just did a zf6 swap in a lmm. Hicktown creations. Maybe try and.contact him about the tuning side of it.

Anthony@SunCoast

Apr 14, 2012
Destin, Fl
Harbin_22 I've been toying with the same idea about a built 48re. My allison has every billet part in it besides billet intermedeate shaft. I think it would be right around a grand to 1500 out of pocket if i got a decent price from the built allison, bt lockup box, and the tcm

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
The question is..how much are you really looking to spend?

Lol, I have a pretty good handle on what this stuff costs.

Not gonna lie, I ran Korys race tune the other day and I was giggling like a little kid. I am a power junky and that probably wasn't in the best interest of my wallet