Dual lift pumps

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
Besides already reaching the end of what my single AD2 200 would do and just needing more fuel, i wanted 2, so in the case that 1 failed, i would still be able to run and compete. would hate to have a liftpump failure knock me out of an event i spend alot of money and time to get to.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I like the idea of two, in my opinion it gives the fuel more time in the filter. I had an issue a while ago where I got bad fuel. I was running a lift pump with a water separator as well as the stock filter/separator. Mine was not the only truck that was effected, the dealer ship was like did you get fuel from ..... Between these dates. The fuel took 5 injectors, the cp3 and the stock filter/separator.

NemesisDP

Apr 20, 2008
Bloomfield New Mexico
I run two pumps with feed line from both with crossover to equalize at CP3 pumps. One pump runs all the time threw FMU and the other is on a 10PSI switch that comes on with boost. If primary fails i can run the other pump with the flip of a switch. have check valves on discharge of pumps to make sure they dont back feed threw pumps. Cat water/filter before pumps and high eficency filter after.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I found running 1 pump with a big pw on 100 overs that lift pump would actually go negative pressure in parts of the the run.
my data logger will read up to -5 psi on its sensors and i would go to -1.2 psi

I run 2 fuel lab pumps now and pressure stays above 5psi

I use stainless tubing 3/4" ID up to the valley and then branch of to the cp3s

Careful using braided hoses as some of this has smaller iD than ur standard fuel hose

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Depends, how you have it tied into the pumps. You dont really want one pump pushing more pressure than the other.

1 ad150 has supported over 1200 hp:D

Bigdirtylbz07

Feb 3, 2011
Northeast indiana
Don't tell me that lol I was pissed I couldn't get over 15k rail pressure in my old setup before the motor went exergy 60% over injectors, dual cp3s(top fueler was brand new), and ad150, I couldn't figure it out for anything. It still acted the same when I took the belt off and ran it without the 2nd pump turning. Lower tunes it ran awesome but the top 2 never would see above 15k psi rail pressure.

Sent from a truck somewhere in the US

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Parts

If you don't mind sharing how did you plumb the one in to turn on at the desired boost pressure. As well what check valves are you using and where did you get them? Thanks for the feedback.
I run two pumps with feed line from both with crossover to equalize at CP3 pumps. One pump runs all the time threw FMU and the other is on a 10PSI switch that comes on with boost. If primary fails i can run the other pump with the flip of a switch. have check valves on discharge of pumps to make sure they dont back feed threw pumps. Cat water/filter before pumps and high eficency filter after.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
fueling

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
My plan as of now is run dual lift pumps right now I have an airdog 165 and a airdog 200 is on its way (I'll be selling the 165 to get another 200). both will come from sumps from the bottom of the tank. I will run both pumps through additional filters. we will see if I keep the extra filters. as said with as much money I have tied up into it I don't want any issues with dirty or water in fuel. I will run two -8 lines to under the hood to a distribution block to ensure even pressure. (I called summit racing/jegs and a local race shop they all said that is the best way to do it) from there I will run -6 lines to the CP3's. I have the fittings to do AN lines. for the returns I will run -6 from the CP3's to a distribution block to tie them and the injector returns in as well. I will run a -8 line from the destitution block back to a Fluidyne fluid cooler and back to the tank.

plowboy_lbz

Farmer
Aug 6, 2013
With all those filters it will be a gelling nightmare but I guess if its a race truck you probably won't be driving it.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Gelling

I'm not sure how much winter driving I'll do with it. I live in Washington, D.C. area. Most do not know how to drive in the snow here, ( or should I say they don't know how to drive period). I'd be rather pissed off is someone wrecked it for me. Yes I do know it a truck and should be driven as one.

I don't see why...with good quality fuel and treating it properly your truck should never gell.

xtremebikr04

Jan 17, 2011
Vermont
I'm not sure how much winter driving I'll do with it. I live in Washington, D.C. area. Most do not know how to drive in the snow here, ( or should I say they don't know how to drive period). I'd be rather pissed off is someone wrecked it for me. Yes I do know it a truck and should be driven as one.

I don't drive mine in the winter. I did for the first 3 years owning it but now it's become too much of a toy instead of dd.

tripleturbo

Feb 27, 2013
Baltimore, MD
I park mine for winter ad well unless it is a nice day out. Everyone gives me crappie for it though but I don't want to ruin it. That filter setup looks sick :thumb:

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Lol

Ya, I get it from here too. Have you seen my trend on the engine build? If I knew the dollar amount that is into it I'd be in a lot of trouble.
I get crap as well even from the woman saying it's a truck they are meant to be dirty...I'm like noooo not this one lol

Sent from a truck somewhere in the US