DSP5 install no start

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
Just looking for some more suggestions.. installed DSP5 switch wired to the ECM
Didn't flash it just basically hooked up the switch and now it .just cranks and doesn't fire up cranks maybe 4 times and cuts off . It does say reduced engine power on the dash display . I checked all the ECM connections and everything looks as it did before I installed .. what am I missing I'm guessing its either bad battery connection which I ran out.of daylight yesterday .. or ECM connections .. thanks for any input..

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
I actually did get it to fire last night and when she did it def sounded and felt as if she weren't hitting all cylinders.. then it wouldn't fire again after that

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
Also the middle connector on the ECM the black one wouldn't lock even with the lock slid back I.could pull it off by hand that's why I'm kinda thinking its an ECM issue I always run into stupid problems like this ..

TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ
Also the middle connector on the ECM the black one wouldn't lock even with the lock slid back I.could pull it off by hand that's why I'm kinda thinking its an ECM issue I always run into stupid problems like this ..

Are you sure the lock is re-installed right?

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
Got the truck to run there's no boost and it keeps throwing pcm codes .. its def a bad connection at the ECM .. any thoughts ? Thanks for any suggestions I appreciate it .

dmaxbowtie

Duramax fiend
Jun 2, 2011
RI
I've done one dsp5 On an lly with the same problems and the cause was that a few pins in the plug weren't "clicked" in all the way, hope this helps

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Since you said you have a plug that doesn't lock, I would start there.

TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ
I would disconnect every ECM and TCM connector with the batteries disconnected. Then reconnect them, examine the locks to make sure they are right.

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
The gray connector ECM is locked and all the pins were checked again .. but when I mess with the gray connector this is when I get any action at all out of the truck .. worst case I'm guess ill be needing new connectors.. what a mess that would be .. I'm going to check connectors again and again