DSP5 install no start

Philtopgun

Nice n Easy
May 5, 2007
Edmond,OK-still a Texan
what sucks is there isn't much slack at all to mess with the connectors. On mine I once had one pin that was just a 32" in and causing problems. I had to allocate a half of day just to checking the pins and finally found the one pin that was my problem.... very tedious...... hopefully you find the prob before you go getting them changed out!

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
I triple checked pins connecting to the ECM and on each connector the Blue, Black, and Gray. Hey phil what did you mean by you had one pin that was just 32" in .. all the pins looked exactly the same in place on each connector when I look at the connector face up if the locks also are not locking correctly, im def not getting a good connection because I can hold against the connector and ECM and the truck fires just lying there I get nothing out of the truck. This isnt going to be fun changing a clip out I better pack my lunch and dinner:(

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
So I am a little ashamed because I have broken studs on the ECM itself where the ECM connectors latch . When you push the connector down on the ECM and slide the latch back it grabs on two plastic studs top and bottom of the ECM connector.. now its def not going to latch down enough for sure to get a connection .. any thoughts? besides the fact that I screwed up :mad:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Ebay someone who tunes these trucks that's two. Hate to go to a dealer. Hopefully someone has a spare butt most that have them with full engines won't I believe part with them. Good luck.

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
I was wondering if I get a used ECM or say from the dealer which I most like am not going that route but either way can I just do my flash on it or do or is there going.to be a vin issue