Drag Radials

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
what settings do you use on your Rancho s at the track? I installed a set but haven't had a chance to experiment yet.

Never made it to the track with the single cab, but on the street testing in 4wd I ran the stiffest settings all the way around.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Definitely. The front end hardly lifted the few times I tried it.

Coming from Bilsteins and stock shocks, the Ranchos are way better IMHO.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
It unloads the front end at the same time but that being said on a normal drive train you have 1 tire in the front turning and 2 in the back driving.Unloading the front end on a d max with ifs lets the front drive line do bad things IMO.

DaveB

Sep 6, 2009
Northeast Indiana
Definitely. The front end hardly lifted the few times I tried it.

Coming from Bilsteins and stock shocks, the Ranchos are way better IMHO.

Perfect! I will have to get some. Do you have part numbers for shorter shocks than stock? I'm going to run a 2" drop with front to match, thinking I would be better off with a bit shorter shocks.

Since you've had both, do you think Cal Trac's would be better compared to a normal "axle wrap" bar?

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I completely disagree. I want as much weight transfer as I can get. The more weight I throw at the back axle the better I hook.

WTF? LOL... I wish I cut 60's like "The Funk" 1.4 60's and watching his passes he has just about 0 weight transfer. If this was a SFA truck yes you would want the weight transfer

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Perfect! I will have to get some. Do you have part numbers for shorter shocks than stock? I'm going to run a 2" drop with front to match, thinking I would be better off with a bit shorter shocks.

Since you've had both, do you think Cal Trac's would be better compared to a normal "axle wrap" bar?

RS999272 Front
RS999113 Rear

I would only run the rears if you have more than a 3" shackle and overload gone, they are short, and the passenger rear shock may overextend if you lift the truck on a lift. I personally would just run the front's. :thumb:

Depends what your after, for a truck that DD's and occasional drag race I would still like to have long bars. If it strictly sees the track, Caltracs work better, IMHO.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Also depends on how low you go weather you need the shorter shocks or not. I have 3" drop shackles in the rear which probably only drop it 2" and my t-bars are droped almost all the way down. I run the stock length Rancho 9's with no problems.

Benltr

Jan 17, 2012
I ran consistant 1.66-1.68s with my 285/55 20 Proxes 1s. Tire wheel combo was about 85 lbs each.

I think alot of people get caught up on the 1.8-1.9 area due to lack of decent suspension. If you are running a stock suspension on 75-125K truck...you really can't expect to turn a good 60' IMO....there is exceptions to it I'm sure, but overall, i wouldn't call it normal.

Thats mostly true but like you said there is exceptions. I ran 1,61 on stock suspension...

I think the psi in the tires on a mostly stock truck is more efficient on the 60 ft than having a rancho suspension...

I can tell with my ranchos and cheater slick the launch are smoother and more consistent but i did get some good 60ft on stock suspension and street tire. Sometimes between each run, my psi on my tire went up by 2-3 psi and it did affect the 60ft...

So keep an eye on the psi you guys running and try different psi of boost on the line.. Sometimes more psi doesnt mean faster 60ft. you need to find the perfect balance for your setup and your truck.