Info: DPC 2012: Update Thread

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
Hey everyone just wanted to thank everyone for the support on jermys truck and team duramax. I want to set everything straight. We did with out a doubt lay down 3024 it fully counts. We layed down 1604 at industrial and 1635 today. Very very backed up imop. We pulled the trans to just look at it. Trans was perfect!!!!! Tim does not know the facts just talking. As a few know 3000 is unheard of i had to just peak. We had time and was a very good group choice to just see.... took us 4 hours out gone through and back in. The fact we can sleep good knowing it was awsome is worth everything... i do as well think its cool to go a full event. As i did in 2010, but this aint then.... power has came along ways and piece of mind is pricless..... again thanks everyone for the comments as we will try and make you proud ..

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Not because I'm partial, BUT,

This challenge is supposed to be with a truck that can compete the entire competition without breaking.... When you tear down a motor or a trans or replace a head gasket because you puke one after ever event that kind of defeats the purpose IMO. Its cool when a truck can do these things day in and day out and still remain daily driven without grenading a trans or puking a head gasket.

Great post. Couldn't agree more. Although if I made it to that competition I wouldn't want to go home early either if I knew I could fix it before the next day. I also think the voting thing was a sham but that's just my opinion.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Hey everyone just wanted to thank everyone for the support on jermys truck and team duramax. I want to set everything straight. We did with out a doubt lay down 3024 it fully counts. We layed down 1604 at industrial and 1635 today. Very very backed up imop. We pulled the trans to just look at it. Trans was perfect!!!!! Tim does not know the facts just talking. As a few know 3000 is unheard of i had to just peak. We had time and was a very good group choice to just see.... took us 4 hours out gone through and back in. The fact we can sleep good knowing it was awsome is worth everything... i do as well think its cool to go a full event. As i did in 2010, but this aint then.... power has came along ways and piece of mind is pricless..... again thanks everyone for the comments as we will try and make you proud ..

Dmitri, what did I state wrong? Cmon man, I offered help this morning, I congratulated you guys after the run, you put the truck on a lift, wheeled in the new tranny, and I went to fil bottles. What was and wasnt perfect in the Trans is your prerogative to post...not mine, but seriously man, im certainly not here posting to hurt you

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
. We pulled the trans to just look at it. Trans was perfect!!!!! Tim does not know the facts just talking.

Dimitri, your T2 thrust bearing looked like a taco. And you should check it again because I'm pretty sure it went in backwards when I watched you throw the trans back together

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
Dimitri, your T2 thrust bearing looked like a taco. And you should check it again because I'm pretty sure it went in backwards when I watched you throw the trans back together

Ben i dont know you other. Than the fact that im goint to light you up face to face tomorrow at the track!!!!!!! You wanna tell lies you say it to my face. Bearing was reusable .....see you soon

BFT

DON CHINGON
May 9, 2012
Southern Cali
Not because I'm partial, BUT,

This challenge is supposed to be with a truck that can compete the entire competition without breaking.... When you tear down a motor or a trans or replace a head gasket because you puke one after ever event that kind of defeats the purpose IMO. Its cool when a truck can do these things day in and day out and still remain daily driven without grenading a trans or puking a head gasket.

This is an all out competition/race.
In any professional race or comp. that I've been my crew has pretty much had 2 of everything. As long as you make it to the next comp. it's fare game. The diesel community has been some of the most helpful peeps.
Anyways... Just like professional racers, most of them tare down after x amount of passes or each pass. Demitri did not want the same mishap as last year, which we also had. Demitri is protecting an investment is the way it should be seen.

BFT

DON CHINGON
May 9, 2012
Southern Cali

Were you watching from outside? It's funny that you say that it looked like a taco. This is the picture of the bearing from that trans.
Another funny thing was when demitri punked you in the lobby in front a few of us, which was hilarious, hahaha!!!

Anyways here is the pic of the "taco" bearing after it came out of the tranny
IMG_2235.jpg

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
Hell yeah Jeremy and Dmitri, Haters gonna hate. Guys can talk all they want about spare parts and taring apart whatever but when it comes down to it numbers and performance don't lie. You're very right, performance has come a long way since they started the challenge and everyone wants to see milestone HP and TQ numbers but then will sit there and be keyboard cowboys and scrutinize what you should and shouldn't be doing. You just gotta laugh about it at this point. Can't wait to see how the rest of the challenge unfolds :thumb:

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Were you watching from outside? It's funny that you say that it looked like a taco. This is the picture of the bearing from that trans.
Another funny thing was when demitri punked you in the lobby in front a few of us, which was

Must be a group of pretty tuff guys to "punk" somebody:roflmao: grow up, shrug the BS off, or don't be a *ussy and do something about it.