DP VGT goes [email protected]

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
It is an interesting turning point when traction down track becomes as important as raw horsepower.

Bret is going to have his hands full down track.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Brett, that really is one of the nicest put together, best running trucks Ive seen. Way impressed you did all that work yourself.
You deserve everything you get. :thumb: I wish you good luck and have fun!

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
Brett, that really is one of the nicest put together, best running trucks Ive seen. Way impressed you did all that work yourself.
You deserve everything you get. :thumb: I wish you good luck and have fun!

Thanks, i hope everything goes good tomorrow. I would really like to put it on the big tune and see what it can do.
I do owe a lot to Danville for all the help with the motor, turbo's and tuning.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Awesome run in a very nice truck!:thumb:
You need to update your sig. ;)

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
Little update with the truck. On this 9.95 pass the converter blew up. I went back and installed a used converter in it just so I could make it to Indy. I did not have time to tear the trans apart. I ran a 9.91@143 still on the 925hp, but the trans started to slip. I removed the trans and installed new parts from Mike L. Sent the first converter out and had it rebuilt. I got the trans back together for the NHRDA race in MN. I didn't get one pass in and the converter blew up. I pulled the trans again and this time I sent it to Mike to have him go through the trans and install some new parts and clutches. I sent the converter that I got from Danville back to Suncoast and they refreshed it into a 1057.

On August 1 my wife gave birth to a healthy little boy. Elliott Jeffery weighed 8lbs 13oz. I have been busy with the family and have not had time to take the truck to the track with the new trans.

I picked up a used Mark Williams 11" rearend with a 2.91 gear in it. I wanted to install this rearend, but didn't want to use the factory suspension in my truck. A couple weeks ago I started installing the rear end with a 4-link setup. There is a lot of work that goes into installing this suspension. I also installed a anti roll bar and a wish bone. Everything is installed and painted. I'm hopefully going to the track with the setup Wen. Or Thurs.
Night. I will post some pictures when I have time to upload them.

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana
Congrats on the baby and the pictures you sent me looked pretty bada$$. Hopefully it works out. Keep us informed!!!