dont ever buy a ford product...

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
my dad had a 09 Lmm and 07 NBS 6.0 gasser for the business we didn't really need 2 trucks anymore so his bright idea was to trade them both in on one truck long story short ford was the only one that gave him a good deal so in august of last year he got a 2010 6.4 F350 Reg Cab i hate to admit its a sharp truck and rides nice but around october it started smoking a ton and going into regen alot went to the dealer said nothing was wrong around xmas time i did an oil change for him and put the 15 quart pan under the truck walked away while it was draining came back oil all over...it overflowed the oil was real thin i told him to keep an eye on the oil within a week the oil was 2 quarts over...took it to the dealer they said 7 of the 8 injectors were no good replaced them...the tech told him to and i quote "drive it like he stole it" not to baby it at all thats why it was going into regen so much..i kept reminding him he had 0 problems with his lmm...got the truck back could smell fuel figured it was stuff they spilt...fast forward to 2 weeks ago i noticed a big puddle of fuel under the truck and overfull oil again...tech told me that 2-3 quarts overfull of fuel wasn't going to hurt anything right...so they told me dad theyd work with him to get a new motor in the truck now. ford told them to inspect the filters they found the tiniest particles in the fuel filters now ford is saying my dad put bad fuel in the truck and now is voiding the warranty on the truck because of the junk in the filters which the dealer changed less than 3,000miles ago and the lemon law acts around here wont cover the truck only because it has lettering on the doors and is used for work..i'm glad i'm the smart one in the family and kept my duramax...my brother went from a LBZ to a 6.4..as well...now my dad has a $45,000 paperweight...

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
my dad had a 09 Lmm and 07 NBS 6.0 gasser for the business we didn't really need 2 trucks anymore so his bright idea was to trade them both in on one truck long story short ford was the only one that gave him a good deal so in august of last year he got a 2010 6.4 F350 Reg Cab i hate to admit its a sharp truck and rides nice but around october it started smoking a ton and going into regen alot went to the dealer said nothing was wrong around xmas time i did an oil change for him and put the 15 quart pan under the truck walked away while it was draining came back oil all over...it overflowed the oil was real thin i told him to keep an eye on the oil within a week the oil was 2 quarts over...took it to the dealer they said 7 of the 8 injectors were no good replaced them...the tech told him to and i quote "drive it like he stole it" not to baby it at all thats why it was going into regen so much..i kept reminding him he had 0 problems with his lmm...got the truck back could smell fuel figured it was stuff they spilt...fast forward to 2 weeks ago i noticed a big puddle of fuel under the truck and overfull oil again...tech told me that 2-3 quarts overfull of fuel wasn't going to hurt anything right...so they told me dad theyd work with him to get a new motor in the truck now. ford told them to inspect the filters they found the tiniest particles in the fuel filters now ford is saying my dad put bad fuel in the truck and now is voiding the warranty on the truck because of the junk in the filters which the dealer changed less than 3,000miles ago and the lemon law acts around here wont cover the truck only because it has lettering on the doors and is used for work..i'm glad i'm the smart one in the family and kept my duramax...my brother went from a LBZ to a 6.4..as well...now my dad has a $45,000 paperweight...

What a sour deal :( why not just keep the LMM? an 09 is pretty damn new

Tayler

Need Mo Money!
Apr 7, 2010
Warsaw, IN
I thought it was the job of the filters to catch debris before it got to the motor. If that is the case it looks like Ford has faulty filtering system that is letting "dirty" fuel get into the truck.

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
hmmm, time to lawyer up ? Particles in the filter sounds to me like they did their job- particles in the injector would be lack of maintenance = on him.

B00STJUNKY

"The Fuel Whore"
Apr 18, 2011
Tide Country, Alabama
hmmm, time to lawyer up ? Particles in the filter sounds to me like they did their job- particles in the injector would be lack of maintenance = on him.

^^^X2

That place would end up being called Wilkins Ford. Then the next day be changed to Wilkins Chevrolet/GMC specializing in all of your "Durty Needs" (no pun intended of course:cool2:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I don't get it isn't the filter suppose to catch particles? What did they expect to find clean filters? Does he know where he bought his fuel from and does he buy it consistently at one station? If it is 'bad' fuel a lawyer will request their PM's on filter changes on their pumps and if they weren't performed then they'll have to pay for the repair I assume.

Unfortunately he has no choice but to fight this. Hopefully it works out,good luck

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
we all buy fuel from the same station pretty much so thats a crock and the dealer said they changed the filters when the re did the sticks 3,000miles ago...unreal he's in contact with a lawyer right now i guess...i've layed off on the dmax smack talk though he was gettin pissed :D

oh four

DUALLYS GET YOU LAID!
Apr 20, 2011
Spring Lake, NJ
hi, im new here and im putting on my flame suite here but i work for a ford dealer and i recently got moved to the diesel shop and im picking up the issues with the 6.0s and 6.4s pretty quickly and i actually just saw the effect of the condition your talking about. the oil seals on the turbo go bad and send oil out the down pipe which causes the truck to go into regen all the time. did the dealer give you any other information?

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
hi, im new here and im putting on my flame suite here but i work for a ford dealer and i recently got moved to the diesel shop and im picking up the issues with the 6.0s and 6.4s pretty quickly and i actually just saw the effect of the condition your talking about. the oil seals on the turbo go bad and send oil out the down pipe which causes the truck to go into regen all the time. did the dealer give you any other information?

Welcome to the site!:hello: Hopefully you can help this guy out:thumb:

Nick

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
not that i know of they seem like a bunch of dopes like they've never seen a diesel there before...the biggest problem now is the amount of fuel in the oil like i said the dealer told him 2-3 quarts overfull of fuel in the oil was ok...have you heard anything like that or does ford say thats acceptable?

James Hess

Jun 9, 2008
Tucson AZ.
in my opinion no fuel in the oil is ok, i understand some can get in there but thats bullshit them saying 2 to 3 quarts is ok. Thats alot of fuel and that tells ya there is a bigger issue, you said they replaced your dads sticks when this happened before saying they were bad right.

Id have em check it again since the same shit popped up.

also to add i agree about the filters they did their job and that is no grounds to say your dad screwed up the truck. if he did buy bad fuel that again is not his fault nor the dealer and i agree that any lawyer worth his salts will have the fuel company footing the bill.

oh four

DUALLYS GET YOU LAID!
Apr 20, 2011
Spring Lake, NJ
I just got done talking to the master certified diesel tech at my shop he sai it is normal for the 6.4 oil level to rise when it goes thru regen he normally puts 14 qts of oil in it which puts the oil level halfway on the stick. As far as fuel in the oil thats something I can't diag over the Internet as there are several things it could be, injectors being the first thing that comes to mind. Maintenance records are a bog thing with ford so if u have oil reciepts from past maintenance I would get them together.

I'm subscribed to this thread so if u have anymore questions just ask. And don't bash ford to bad the new 6.7 is wicked!! :rockon: