dont ever buy a ford product...

01LB7

Feb 18, 2010
Missouri
there was a guy around where i live last winter had a new 6.4 that was doing something similar, they got him on a warranty void because he was using antigel and they said that was the cause and that the warranty said using it voided the warranty

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
yea i talked to my dad about it today..he said a lawyer wont help him because ford is claiming contaminated fuel so theres supposedly nothing he can do the tech also told him they ran a borescope into the engine and theres damage he could see on the drivers side of the block from all the fuel. our next thing we need to do is get the fuel thats in the tank of the truck tested to in fact see if theres anything wrong but i told my dad we can't trust that the dealer didn't dump junk in there just to wash there hands clean of it...ford told him that he'd have to pay for the techs to break the engine down and asess the damage further they wont replace the engine or buy the truck back at this point...

oh four

DUALLYS GET YOU LAID!
Apr 20, 2011
Spring Lake, NJ
I doubt the dealer ur going to is that smart if they r saying that fuel in the oil is normal. Testing the fuel will be a big part of this claim getting filed and as I stated before maintenance records are next to gold when it comes to warranty and if u didn't do the proper amount of services as per the mileage or engine idle hours then u dont get covered. Is the truck in ur possession or the dealers?

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
its at the dealer still ford said if theres any glimer of hope for a warranty to leave it there if it leaves they aren't responsible. the truck only has around 10,000 miles on it and 3,000 ago new filters were added when the sticks were done oil is also changed every 3,-3,500 miles i think i should get the oil tested as well

KryPTiC

Recovering Diesel Addict
Oct 3, 2010
Flying down Alberta roads
Wow, if that were my truck it would be an insurance claim for sure...

Also the stealer would need an insurance claim as well, because that thing would be parked on their service desk....

Atouchofgrass

Jun 19, 2010
CT
Go too that fuel station get a fuel sample, then syphon some from the tank, then get it tested. If it comes back similar and not bad, go from there. Do you know if your dad used or purchased the powerstroke specific fuel additive from the dealer? If you did then you can use that as another bargaining tool.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
ive been down this road with chevy so its not jsut ford though a new motor was on the line, it was injectors.

At this point, you need to go get some kind of sample from the fuel station. cuttin the fuel fliter open and killin your warrenty over a dirty filter is complete BS. thats the point of it! a scored up cylinder can easily come from the 2-3 quarts of fuel that was added to your oil. Jsut keep fighting, your gunna get through at some point

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Have you tried talking directly to Ford and bypassing the dealer all together? May give that a try as that's what I had to do with my injectors. Dealer denied me saying I was out of extended warranty so I called the 1-800 GMC number and they opened a claim for me, asked me a bunch of questions and ended up covering new injectors for my truck.

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
he doesn't run any additives and we went straight to ford cause like you said in the past going to gm works..not the case with ford they said the regional rep made the call and thats that...

oh four

DUALLYS GET YOU LAID!
Apr 20, 2011
Spring Lake, NJ
Ford recommends doing filters at 15k miles so they shouldn't beat u up over that I'll have to look up diesel oil change reccomendations when I get to a computer but if u did them every 3-3500 u should b ok there too. All I can say is to keep fighting making sure to get ur records together.

Sorry ur getting pounded by ur local dealer

ChevyTruckGuy78

Twins done Now for trans
Feb 7, 2010
Ct.
i would definatly get a lawyer and go as high on the food chain as u need too with ford go all the way to the ceo if need be i love pestering people to get what i need

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
little update truck got brought to another ford dealer in the area and well what they found has me puzzled/pissed...they said there's dirt in al the fuel lines and in the bottom of the tank..straight dirt no way it came from the pump...so someone put dirt in my dads tank i honestly believe it was the original dealer it was brought to i've heard alota bad things about them hacking things there horror stories i told my dad not to bring it there to begin with...

Chevmeister

Big Dooley
Dec 3, 2010
Garnet Valley, Pa
Call the police, open a report of vandalization. Call your insurance company. Have the police collect soil samples at your residence, anywhere you have been in the recent months, and at the dealer that denied the claim. Make sure they question the mechanics that worked on it. If they cant find out who put the dirt in your still entitled to the insurance claim. If they find out you get the truck fixed and someone goes to jail. It's a win/ win-win situation.

If you or someone you know put the dirt in and you do this it is insurance fraud. I'm not accusing you, just don't want to give advice that could hurt someone.

You pay insurance for collision and theft, it does cover damage from vandals as well. Use it.

Sledhead

Mountain Pass Machine
Nov 29, 2008
BC
Sorry to hear of the problems. I sleep better with my locking gas cap, never know who may be pissed at me enough to pull something like that :D

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
If there is dirt in the tank and you have comprehensive insurance it should be covered. Put the claim in ASAP

oh four

DUALLYS GET YOU LAID!
Apr 20, 2011
Spring Lake, NJ
IF it did happen at the original dealer there might be something their insurance company will do for vandalization on property. sorry for the string of bad luck.

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
the dealer its at now said they're going to do whatever they can to help with the insurance claim...i kinda feel bad knockin on the truck now...nahhhhhhhhh hahah

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
Locking fuel caps and alarms on trucks is all you can almost do but there seems like they still get the dirty deeds done sometimes. Might have to pull the tank and dump it, flush it etc. to clean out what's in that, I'd filter what comes out to try and catch what is in it. Run it out of fuel almost and clean it and keep filters to cut open to see what's in them if this goes to that extent perhaps. If you do this at least you know it's clean and solve the mystery what's in it.