Dmitri is out for good??

Status
Not open for further replies.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
I remember one of his dyno runs, claimed he was out of fuel, the turbos were so great. Only picked up 25HP from fuel only to a big jet of NOS. but since he was up high he added like a 18% DA correction to his numbers he was posting everywhere....

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
That's the problem!

Dan, No disresepct to you or whoever bailed him out but that's the problem with a lot of people in this world. Theres always someone to bail them out. Everyone wants a handout! Sometimes people have to sink before they will ever learn to swim. It sounds like he has had handouts all his life. You don't really learn anything like that. At the DPC 2010 I watched him and his friend being held at the motel until someone could come and pay there bill. I'm not a rich person by any means but if I could not have afforded to go I wouldn't have went! Everywhere I have been and seen him with others they are the ones paying. If that's how he roll's then more power to him but he will go down hard one day. It's not normally very pretty when it happens.

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
I don't care what his trucks have made and who he has helped, he is bad for our sport and bad for the Duramax camp. Good riddance.

What is the acceptable ratio these days for how many people you have helped vs how any you have screwed over?

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Dan, No disresepct to you or whoever bailed him out but that's the problem with a lot of people in this world. Theres always someone to bail them out. Everyone wants a handout! Sometimes people have to sink before they will ever learn to swim. It sounds like he has had handouts all his life. You don't really learn anything like that. At the DPC 2010 I watched him and his friend being held at the motel until someone could come and pay there bill. I'm not a rich person by any means but if I could not have afforded to go I wouldn't have went! Everywhere I have been and seen him with others they are the ones paying. If that's how he roll's then more power to him but he will go down hard one day. It's not normally very pretty when it happens.

I did not "bail him out".... He is a big boy and can handle things on his own.

What I don't like is seeing everyone jumping on the bash Dmitri wagon. He is someone I would consider the be a "close friend". I will do what ever I can for someone I could say that about (as I know he would also)...

Has be make some bad decisions? Sure! (I think we call have).

If you want to sit here and "Get Off" on someone who is going through more then you "might know" then go ahead.... ;)

I agree that building a competitive truck takes big money and they can put you in the poor house (ask me how I know) :eek:.

Attachments

• dmitri.jpg
    dmitri.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 345

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
How much of that 30k$ actually comes out of his pocket?

The 117$ those BKE jeans ran him. :D

Don't worry, im not making fun of him, I have the same set. ;)

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I think you guys should stop bashing on Dimitri. He is good for the sport and has helped many people when they needed it. I will continue to help him. People in glass houses... well you know the rest. I've seen some of you guys in action..

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
I think you guys should stop bashing on Dimitri. He is good for the sport and has helped many people when they needed it. I will continue to help him. People in glass houses... well you know the rest. I've seen some of you guys in action..

^ This!!! :thumb:

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
Wow what a thread. I saw this on FB. I have never met the guy nor have I had any dealings with him. Yes I have heard bad but I also heard the good. Some don't like him some do. His life is in the spotlight we all know when he does bad. Part of where his in the sport. As anyone know being competitive in any sport is hard on you and your family. Also the pocketbook. I hope things work out for him. But I also hope this shows him he may need to not shoot for records and do only what it takes to win that day. Best advice I can give a person is family 1st then yourself then the rest of the world. Also short time loans are never the right choice.

For all that say he is bad for the sport how can you say that? He gets the sport publicity any publicity is better than no publicity.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
If he hadn't made bad dealings, and run his mouth as much as he has in the past he wouldn't be in the spotlight near as much as he was/is. His personal business wouldn't be all over the web and nobody would really care about it either.

Plenty of guys in the diesel racing world have done and are doing big things and they get recognized and thats it. Nobody cares about their personal life and you don't hear much about them till they do it again on the track-which is the way it should be.
I hope he gets his shit together and brings it back hard to the track and dyno. He is good for getting the Dmax positive respect, if you overlook all his personal shit.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
If he hadn't made bad dealings, and run his mouth as much as he has in the past he wouldn't be in the spotlight near as much as he was/is. His personal business wouldn't be all over the web and nobody would really care about it either.

Plenty of guys in the diesel racing world have done and are doing big things and they get recognized and thats it. Nobody cares about their personal life and you don't hear much about them till they do it again on the track-which is the way it should be.

Ding ding ding ding we have a winner lol... I agree Dale

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I personaly don't care about his issues...people get into perdiciments with money or women. I don't need to comment on his issues.

What I really don't understand is what he has done for the sport? In my mind there are hundreds of more people that have donr way more than him? That is not a bash at him, its me trying to understand what he has done?

Imo having money issues is simple ....go to work, forget about play time.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I personaly don't care about his issues...people get into perdiciments with money or women. I don't need to comment on his issues.

What I really don't understand is what he has done for the sport? In my mind there are hundreds of more people that have donr way more than him? That is not a bash at him, its me trying to understand what he has done?

Imo having money issues is simple ....go to work, forget about play time.

You run a 9 second pass yet? Show me the hundreds that did. Not taking his side. Just sayin. He even did it with an Allison.:eek::D

Status
Not open for further replies.