Disappointed in Nitto Terra Grapplers

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
In a 37 i wouldnt touch a terra or mud. They dont last, heavy foot or not. Im impressed with my km2's though. 23k and still have half tread left. They dont hook in 2wd anywhere but got me a 1.8 60 ft in the quarter on 37s in 4wd. Not bad for a wheel and tire that weight 120lbs

Thats pretty damn good. I think KM2s will be my next set, but I know some guys that have had real good luck with Micky MTZs. They cost a bit more though.

I still have my old KMs, but there ain't much left of them. I finely wore off my siping and my tires don't seem to have as good as traction any longer. So maybe I'll try and sipe the Terras

$Smokin_Duradog$

Sep 16, 2006
Goshen, IN
Ive only ran the Nitto Muddgrapplers on my truck since I lifted it. First 2 sets were 38x15.50x20 on 20x12 wheels and this 3rd set is 40x15.50x20 on 20 x12 wheels. Even though they are a very large lug tire and loud (which I like) they wear very evenly and I got around 40k miles on my first set. They are also super smooth even at 100mph! I plan to keep running the Muddgrapplers.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I'm in Houston, but I'm going to keep them. I might as well give give them a fair shake and then I can decide if I want to keep the wheels or go back to the POYs.

duramax05blk

Mar 16, 2012
Didnt read this whole thread, but just my opinion...

I have the 305/55/20 terra grapplers. I had the dune grapplers in a 285/55.20
the dune grapplers seemed to handle alright in everyday conditions, a bit better in water than the terras. The wear on my terra's are a bit worse to me. I had over 30k out of my dune grapplers, and the terras have about 20k and are already showing wear.

x2 i have the dune grapplers no complaints have had them on the truck for a year now. they pull great, even plowed good. i have approx 30k on them and only rotated once backs are just worn now and i have done some helacious burnouts with them and the fronts are barely chopped even after dropping lift keys a few months back with no alignment. i will deff get another set.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
X2

Bought these and my rims new, swapped them on the truck inside my boss' shop, then I back the truck outside onto a packed patch of snow that my old worn pro comp xtreme at's had no problem moving around on, locked the shop up, got back in the truck and put it in reverse expecting the truck to move...it just sat there and spun....garbage...

Put them up on CL with not even 30 miles on them, I want a set of zeon's :mad:

What size? I'll take another set, I've never been stuck in the snow with mine and its 2wd :happy2:

Not sure what problems you guys are having but I like mine, had a set of 265/70/17, and now 285/60/18s.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
So what have you guys found to be the best thing to hook on the track in a big tire? the BFGs? I was always happy with the terras till I started running a lot of HP and now its time for new tires

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
Every road forces me back to the two sets of tires. I was hoping to be able to run a bigger innocent looking tire at the track just to further mess with people. What is the biggest drag radial you guys know of? 33s?