Disappointed in Nitto Terra Grapplers

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I took mine off, because I still have some tread to wear off my BFGs. I might sell them, but no one would probably pay what I would want for them. Need to get them up on CL and see if I get any bites, but I don't know that I really want to get rid of the rims.

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
You would probably be better off just putting up with them and using them up. I like my set but then again I don't have a ton of experience with different tires.

gr8shot

Practically stock
Apr 28, 2009
Grand Island, NE
I don't mind mine. They're wearing really well, so i can't complain too much. They're a lot quieter than my BFG AT's I run in the winter, and seem to hook about the same to me, but I don't make near the power most guys on here do :(

Vigh_J

May 12, 2011
I have them on my OBS Yukon and absolutley LOVE them... I think it has a lot to do with the application in which used...like someone mentioned above sooner or later your going to be roasting anytires as you mod... Advice drive in 4WD or put some hoosiers on the rears!! lol

Anywho quick pic of the yukon

moretruckhorsepics004.jpg

ku 808

Sep 6, 2010
I have a brand new set 285-60-18 terra grapplers :confused:200 miles took them off thay suck and it cost me 1350 never again Ill stick to goodyear

CancerPipe

Aug 8, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
I tried the terra graplers. Got a set barely used off cl a long while back. Thank god I got them cheap as I was able to get my money back when I sold them. Swithed to hankook rf10's. MUCH better. They still don't care for mud, but they are an AT so.... 40k on the hankooks and still have enough tread tyo get me to winter.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I've never run any Nitto tires, but the Nitto 420s are on my short list of tires to try next. Right now I am running the Cooper Zeon LTZ. They are a good tire, but they seem to be wearing fast. The first half went pretty fast anyway. They seem to be slowing down the closer they get to the wear blocks. I have just a little over 20k on them now, and they are looking pretty thin. I'm kind of disappointed in that, but I am pretty hard on tires.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I've got 48k on my 305/50r20 cooper zeons. I'm happy with them considering how many miles I hVe on them and how much I love WOT. Just ordered another set, $894 mounted out the door so I'm very pleased with the price!

I think joshh is going to have to write me a bigger tune, so the next set might not last as long...

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I've got 48k on my 305/50r20 cooper zeons. I'm happy with them considering how many miles I hVe on them and how much I love WOT. Just ordered another set, $894 mounted out the door so I'm very pleased with the price!

I think joshh is going to have to write me a bigger tune, so the next set might not last as long...

How much pressure do you run in yours?

JMDuramaxLB7

YOU SAID MEMBER!!!
Jun 3, 2007
Missouri
I can't hardly believe that some guys on here hate the Grapplers so much. I have had BFG's in the same size (285/16) and the terras were so much better for me it was'nt even funny. My BFG's were gone at 25k and i got 60k out of my first set of grapplers. I ran both brands at the same psi, 55 to 60 in the front and 40 to 50 in the rear. The nittos seemed to lay flatter on the narrow stock pyo than the bfg did and is why i figured they wore so much better. I also thought they were just as good or better than the bfg's in snow and ice. I put a second set of grapplers on my stock wheels last fall and put about 5500 miles on them and they still look like new.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I have never run them and i have no plans to.Have 2 friends that have run them and they woreout to fast and they spin easy atleast thats what they have said.But they do seam to to be very cheap in price for 285 16s and 295 17s which is what they both run.The zeon ltzs look like and awesome tire but they dont make them in 315 75 17 for the hummer wheels.currently i run bfg at's for winter and good year extreems for the summer.the bfgs hook great and the goodyears spin but they ride real nice. IMO

battlegraduate09

Gearhead
Mar 18, 2010
Didnt read this whole thread, but just my opinion...

I have the 305/55/20 terra grapplers. I had the dune grapplers in a 285/55.20
the dune grapplers seemed to handle alright in everyday conditions, a bit better in water than the terras. The wear on my terra's are a bit worse to me. I had over 30k out of my dune grapplers, and the terras have about 20k and are already showing wear.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Who is doing that?

I can't hardly believe that some guys on here hate the Grapplers so much. I have had BFG's in the same size (285/16) and the terras were so much better for me it was'nt even funny. My BFG's were gone at 25k and i got 60k out of my first set of grapplers. I ran both brands at the same psi, 55 to 60 in the front and 40 to 50 in the rear. The nittos seemed to lay flatter on the narrow stock pyo than the bfg did and is why i figured they wore so much better. I also thought they were just as good or better than the bfg's in snow and ice. I put a second set of grapplers on my stock wheels last fall and put about 5500 miles on them and they still look like new.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
In a 37 i wouldnt touch a terra or mud. They dont last, heavy foot or not. Im impressed with my km2's though. 23k and still have half tread left. They dont hook in 2wd anywhere but got me a 1.8 60 ft in the quarter on 37s in 4wd. Not bad for a wheel and tire that weight 120lbs