Digital Torque Wrench - Member Special

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Thanks for the suggestion. Out of curiosity, do you ever need torque+angle at those higher torque specs?

BLMW

Yes, Cat uses alot of torque to yield bolts in big engines, drivetrain and undercarriage. But to be 100% honest most big tty bolts I will achieve pretorque then torque turn with a hytorque or 3/4" or 1" impact. I just don't have enough meat on me to turn those bolts, and I would feel bad putting my 6ft cheater pipe or hooking the Crane to a digital torque wrench.

It would be a nice feature to have unless it added a bunch to the final price.

X2 Some bolts we are dealing with start at say 600 ft lbs + 180* final torque can be over 2,000 + ft lbs :woott: So torque angle on a 3/4 wouldn't be to useful... unless it came with a team of mongolians to do the torque turn... (no offense to our mongol readers)

Travis quit being a puss:D

blmw

Apr 13, 2012
X2 Some bolts we are dealing with start at say 600 ft lbs + 180* final torque can be over 2,000 + ft lbs :woott: So torque angle on a 3/4 wouldn't be to useful... unless it came with a team of mongolians to do the torque turn... (no offense to our mongol readers)

So do you also use an impact to turn it the additional angle?

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC

Yup, d11t track bolt has pre torque of 1250 ft lbs + 120* turn! That's a whole lotta mongolians:D

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
So do you also use an impact to turn it the additional angle?

Impact, sledge hammer, excavators, service truck, crane, dozers, torque multipliers, hytorc, six foot cheater pipes, trees and comealongs... Pretty much anything I have at my disposal:thumb: I worked field service for 4 years here in Fairbanks before transfering out to the mine. Alot of times I had to fly in a helio (tail dragger) & can only carry so much weight... Run what brung & hope you brung enough.

Last edited:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Yup, d11t track bolt has pre torque of 1250 ft lbs + 120* turn! That's a whole lotta mongolians:D

2500 + is what they finish up at... I backed one out with a Hytorc once and IIRC it was about 2500 to get them to come loose.

5130 shovel clam cylinder nut 5900 ft lbs is the most I have ever torqued manually. 24.1 torque multiplier with 600 ft lbs input. We had the multiplier and cylinder welded to a 4x8x1" steel plate table. When we hit final torque the table was on 2 wheels & I was sceered:D

blmw

Apr 13, 2012
if we buy this one, will we be able to upgrade to the 250lbs computor later?

Unfortunately, we are not able to do something like this. Logistically, it would get a little tricky for us.

BLMW

blmw

Apr 13, 2012
So this one torque wrench is all the company sells, or is there more products as well?

Seems like quite an endeavor just for 1 product.

It is our first product. We have a bunch more coming out over the next 18 months. But it has been quite an endeavor.

BLMW

blmw

Apr 13, 2012
Coupon code isn't working..

I just tried it. Seems to be okay. Make sure you select the wrench with case version ($150 retail). Then enter in your zip code, and coupon code; duramax

If you are still having problems, let me know and I can figure out a different way for you.

BLMW

Dec 2, 2006
TN
I just tried it. Seems to be okay. Make sure you select the wrench with case version ($150 retail). Then enter in your zip code, and coupon code; duramax

If you are still having problems, let me know and I can figure out a different way for you.

BLMW

Ah, I was selecting w/out case. I'll give it a try.. I had a friend wanting to get one I believe.