DIesel Power Challenge 2011

Iceman56

Jan 19, 2009
Madison, SD
It's fun. Plus if you get the nod, you get your truck in a magazine.

But yes, it's not fiscally responsible, but nothing we do is. :D

Very true statement, nothing us hotrod diesel guys do makes much sense but it sure is fun......... Well to us anyways:)

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
DP mag. has mostly old trucks of their own it seems and they spend alot of money on them to show the owners of the average truck some fixes and mods to up power etc. but they have no truck in this Challenge of their own to co mpete against who show up with the big power, high cost trucks that few have in average owners of trucks. I would rather see them have one they put together to see who has what. The trucks who compete spend megabucks to build their trucks and alot break bad. The carnage of even the sponsored trucks is high dollars lost. Ya they know the risk but the DP outfit just sets the events and rules runs it and totals up the scores of performance and just writes about the wreckage and breakage later. Most people can't even put a truck in this event and most won't because they need to have their trucks last so really the end result of these hot trucks is they break when built up some soon some a bit later seems like most do give out thru the season. We understand the big money it takes to make a hot truck but it's just too far off to do. I get more out of a mag. format where everyday trucks are the subjects that get modded with realistic things more affordable and not so much big buck trucks. The trick ones are fun to read about etc. but too many in a mag. issue is not my thing. To each great job on the competition if they were in and hope it turned out worth the time and cost for your run thru it all. I'll take off now in the average truck and just enjoy the life with lower power and normal work format for this LBZ. Guess I can be good with like 500 plus some hp and call it good. Go for what you want with your trucks though it's just my take on this event and what it shows low end power trucks what's up there if you want to spend the retirement, IRA, and any other money that's in the offering plate. Have fun that's the main thing to do bottom line.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
DP mag. has mostly old trucks of their own it seems and they spend alot of money on them to show the owners of the average truck some fixes and mods to up power etc. but they have no truck in this Challenge of their own to co mpete against who show up with the big power, high cost trucks that few have in average owners of trucks. I would rather see them have one they put together to see who has what. The trucks who compete spend megabucks to build their trucks and alot break bad. The carnage of even the sponsored trucks is high dollars lost. Ya they know the risk but the DP outfit just sets the events and rules runs it and totals up the scores of performance and just writes about the wreckage and breakage later. Most people can't even put a truck in this event and most won't because they need to have their trucks last so really the end result of these hot trucks is they break when built up some soon some a bit later seems like most do give out thru the season. We understand the big money it takes to make a hot truck but it's just too far off to do. I get more out of a mag. format where everyday trucks are the subjects that get modded with realistic things more affordable and not so much big buck trucks. The trick ones are fun to read about etc. but too many in a mag. issue is not my thing. To each great job on the competition if they were in and hope it turned out worth the time and cost for your run thru it all. I'll take off now in the average truck and just enjoy the life with lower power and normal work format for this LBZ. Guess I can be good with like 500 plus some hp and call it good. Go for what you want with your trucks though it's just my take on this event and what it shows low end power trucks what's up there if you want to spend the retirement, IRA, and any other money that's in the offering plate. Have fun that's the main thing to do bottom line.

soooooo what are you getting at? :confused: its like telling guys who race in the desert seires out here and spend upwards of a million dollars a race year in a trophy truck (including truck cost) that there is no point for them to do it. hell a first place pay out for them is 3-5k at most and all that paid for is a trans refresh. Mos tof those guys race to say "they beat the desert". the mag created an event, people are building trucks to compete for bragging rights, trucks break from driver error or pushing too hard and the ones that hold win. no one said this was an economic form of racing :D

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
soooooo what are you getting at? :confused: its like telling guys who race in the desert seires out here and spend upwards of a million dollars a race year in a trophy truck (including truck cost) that there is no point for them to do it. hell a first place pay out for them is 3-5k at most and all that paid for is a trans refresh. Mos tof those guys race to say "they beat the desert". the mag created an event, people are building trucks to compete for bragging rights, trucks break from driver error or pushing too hard and the ones that hold win. no one said this was an economic form of racing :D

Sure is nice to have someone that agrees with me.

The way I look at it is if the folks competing are willing to blow their shit up...who cares? It's their money! If they want to drive the bitch off a cliff let them. I think it's funnier than f_ck that an OBS Fummins beat them.

xcablb7

Feb 8, 2009
Fall River
When I competed things were no where near the the level there at now, my powerstroke was my only means of transportation and the tuner that wrote the program on the chip said "do not runt the big tune with n20 and water/meth. So I did it anyway and let out a sigh of relief when it still ran at the end of the day. the whole event was the experience of a lifetime and I would sign up again tomorrow. Responsible, nope, good financial investment absolutely not, awesome wasteful fun hell yah !!

xcablb7

Feb 8, 2009
Fall River
06 east coast,99 super duty 7.3 did horrible lol, valve cover harness lost continuity so it started skipping on the dyno forgot to put it in 4 wheel drive for the trailer tow and broke an axle in the sled pull. but it did get 19.2 mpg! lol not bad for a 7.3 on 37"s !