"Diesel bros"

Parker_

I'm a torque addict !!
May 13, 2014
Blythe ca
"Diesel bros"

I appreciate all the good words about our show bad publicity is still good publicity so keep it up all your doing is making me more money lmao. I'm more surprised that you guys have nothing better to do then talk about what others are doin and not what you're doing yourselves it's comical. Just so we are clear we have some big names in the game supporting us Fleece, II, HSP, Suncoast, Ats, PPEI, HARDWAY just to name a few so keep it up its not hurting anyone's feelings

Reading your post alone makes me think your a real good guy , I'll make sure to never watch your show . 2 min of air time and he's already acting like Justin bieber . By the way you sure took the time out of your day to make your point on here !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
Will this show get more people into diesels or out of diesels?

Out of everyone that "gets into" diesels from the show... How many of them will have a bad thought process of how they work vs how many have a good process of how they work? If they have a bad idea of how they work then how many will come along and learn how they work and make race trucks out of them? If your answer is at least 1 person will come into the industry and learn the right way to do things over time, then that is 1 more person into the industry that wouldnt of been in it in the first place.

Our phones have increased from people simply calling in wondering about making diesels fast.. We sold 2 cp3 conversions, intakes, tuning, and lift pumps from 2 guys that called in yesterday just because they were googling diesel performance after seeing the show and wanted to know what they could do to their trucks. They had LMLs and we fixed them up with good advice and good parts. Without the show, they never even thought about hopping up their trucks.

Just because we all understand the industry and diesels in and out doesnt mean the common person does. A dumb person is going to be dumb and a smart person is going to be smart... It is our job to educate the new people coming into the industry to make the right decisions. I'm thankful the show is bringing in more people into the industry and giving us all a opportunity to educate them in the right way to do things. I know the next thing some will say is "what about big brother".... Big brother is being brought into the game by insiders of the industry, not outsiders. Trust me on that one.... Greed runs that clinic.

How about some positivity on this site for while? That would be a nice change..... I was excited to be able to comment on something actual cool a while ago vs seeing negativity and pissing matches on here... I commented on a thread with Mark Broviak on staging dsp while racing down the strip. Lets try to all work together to bring up the industry and comment and talk about good things vs just everything someone can think of bad. Its like turning on the news... If its not bad there isnt a story. I love Duramaxdiesels... Lets get it back to how it used to be!

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Does nobody watch gold rush??? Discovery has done very well with that show.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Never heard of it. I honestly watch maybe 5 hrs of TV per week other than NHL games. Curse of Oak Island is my current obsession. Just started watching Street Outlaws last season. It mostly sucks besides the racing.

Parker_

I'm a torque addict !!
May 13, 2014
Blythe ca
Will this show get more people into diesels or out of diesels?

Out of everyone that "gets into" diesels from the show... How many of them will have a bad thought process of how they work vs how many have a good process of how they work? If they have a bad idea of how they work then how many will come along and learn how they work and make race trucks out of them? If your answer is at least 1 person will come into the industry and learn the right way to do things over time, then that is 1 more person into the industry that wouldnt of been in it in the first place.

Our phones have increased from people simply calling in wondering about making diesels fast.. We sold 2 cp3 conversions, intakes, tuning, and lift pumps from 2 guys that called in yesterday just because they were googling diesel performance after seeing the show and wanted to know what they could do to their trucks. They had LMLs and we fixed them up with good advice and good parts. Without the show, they never even thought about hopping up their trucks.

Just because we all understand the industry and diesels in and out doesnt mean the common person does. A dumb person is going to be dumb and a smart person is going to be smart... It is our job to educate the new people coming into the industry to make the right decisions. I'm thankful the show is bringing in more people into the industry and giving us all a opportunity to educate them in the right way to do things. I know the next thing some will say is "what about big brother".... Big brother is being brought into the game by insiders of the industry, not outsiders. Trust me on that one.... Greed runs that clinic.

How about some positivity on this site for while? That would be a nice change..... I was excited to be able to comment on something actual cool a while ago vs seeing negativity and pissing matches on here... I commented on a thread with Mark Broviak on staging dsp while racing down the strip. Lets try to all work together to bring up the industry and comment and talk about good things vs just everything someone can think of bad. Its like turning on the news... If its not bad there isnt a story. I love Duramaxdiesels... Lets get it back to how it used to be!

You do have a great point there , and I'm happy it's making you guys some money . Can u make my truck blow black smoke ? I soaked my filter in motor oil but it doesn't go fast now . Have u got a call like that yet

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
You do have a great point there , and I'm happy it's making you guys some money . Can u make my truck blow black smoke ? I soaked my filter in motor oil but it doesn't go fast now . Have u got a call like that yet

Yea, we get calls like that every day. We educate the people that it is not healthy and then they end up generally getting good stuff and have a different perception of "black smoke" by the time they get off the phone with us.

Its a chain recation...

People see the show, they tune their trucks, they order parts, they break parts, and it just keeps going.... I do not see if being negative for the industry. It is the responsibility of resellers/vendors to educate these new people coming into the industry - regardless of their thoughts when they call in to order.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
The real problem I see here is the group that was chosen by discovery to be diesel models(so to speak). Bu putting them out there on a show, they have now made them models for others to look up to. And when people google them or youtube them and see smoke galore, it reflects badly on us, and ALSO it attracts attention of lawmakers just itching to pass new laws. With a show SHOWING people out rolling coal, or even there goofy pranks of blacking out bathrooms, it brings the attention to more people allowing these lawmakers and greenies to pass there agenda. I know the last race I went to(been awhile) there was some kids there complaining that the race trucks weren't blacking out the track, so they obviously were giving em enough fuel. And a show with people perpetuating the coal rolling, it will continue to furthur thinking like this among those types. On the other hand, I also realize many of us here did this same stuff years ago, and thought it was cool then, but many of us have moved beyond it. HOPEFULLY we can educate the majority of them to see that coal rolling is bad, but it stil lwon't change the average joe smoe seeing a TV show with coal rolling, thinking thats the norm, and calling there legislators to do something about it(like has happened in many places i nthe last few years).

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Yea, we get calls like that every day. We educate the people that it is not healthy and then they end up generally getting good stuff and have a different perception of "black smoke" by the time they get off the phone with us.

Its a chain recation...

People see the show, they tune their trucks, they order parts, they break parts, and it just keeps going.... I do not see if being negative for the industry. It is the responsibility of resellers/vendors to educate these new people coming into the industry - regardless of their thoughts when they call in to order.

Some of these kids will not take no for an answer when they ask for smoke tunes. I have had a few say yeah I know its bad for the industry and then they say "I don't give a @#%$ I just want it to roll coal. I finally got one kid turned around and said yeah and you'll be back there oralling the coal and get your ass kicked in a race. but I have a feeling he will still try to find a way to make it smoke.

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
The real problem I see here is the group that was chosen by discovery to be diesel models(so to speak). Bu putting them out there on a show, they have now made them models for others to look up to. And when people google them or youtube them and see smoke galore, it reflects badly on us, and ALSO it attracts attention of lawmakers just itching to pass new laws. With a show SHOWING people out rolling coal, or even there goofy pranks of blacking out bathrooms, it brings the attention to more people allowing these lawmakers and greenies to pass there agenda. I know the last race I went to(been awhile) there was some kids there complaining that the race trucks weren't blacking out the track, so they obviously were giving em enough fuel. And a show with people perpetuating the coal rolling, it will continue to furthur thinking like this among those types. On the other hand, I also realize many of us here did this same stuff years ago, and thought it was cool then, but many of us have moved beyond it. HOPEFULLY we can educate the majority of them to see that coal rolling is bad, but it stil lwon't change the average joe smoe seeing a TV show with coal rolling, thinking thats the norm, and calling there legislators to do something about it(like has happened in many places i nthe last few years).

Exactly, it is for sure our responsibility to educate people the proper ways, however. I would like to see some stuff done differently, but overall I think it will have long term positive effects.

Some of these kids will not take no for an answer when they ask for smoke tunes. I have had a few say yeah I know its bad for the industry and then they say "I don't give a @#%$ I just want it to roll coal. I finally got one kid turned around and said yeah and you'll be back there oralling the coal and get your ass kicked in a race. but I have a feeling he will still try to find a way to make it smoke.

Some will simply not take no for a answer... but they generally come back around once they grow out of it. lol

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
I had another one come to me and spent 3300.00 on his 24V and the first thing he asked was "does it roll coal now?" (and it did due tot he turbo he had) his radiator was completely plugged from the typical 24V crankcase vent hose allowing oil vapor into the radiator and was over heating running 220-240 degrees not even driving it hard. I showed him this and said you need to get that fixed or your going to be putting a motor in it soon. his response was "I don't care as long as it rolls coal" and off he went. I refuse to work on his dodge again and I said as far as anyone is concerned. I didn't work on this rig.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Exactly, it is for sure our responsibility to educate people the proper ways, however. I would like to see some stuff done differently, but overall I think it will have long term positive effects.

Some will simply not take no for a answer... but they generally come back around once they grow out of it. lol

Lets hope so.

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
I had another one come to me and spent 3300.00 on his 24V and the first thing he asked was "does it roll coal now?" (and it did due tot he turbo he had) his radiator was completely plugged from the typical 24V crankcase vent hose allowing oil vapor into the radiator and was over heating running 220-240 degrees not even driving it hard. I showed him this and said you need to get that fixed or your going to be putting a motor in it soon. his response was "I don't care as long as it rolls coal" and off he went. I refuse to work on his dodge again and I said as far as anyone is concerned. I didn't work on this rig.

I seen better than back... A while back someone claimed to have a "hacked" ppei tune that they i quote said "Its a PPEI tune but we did some tricks to it and put a smoke tune on it"... lol, 100% wasnt a a PPEI file and the guy got ripped off. Karma!

fastpunker

adrenaline junkie
Feb 7, 2012
Lake Havasu City, AZ
I fully agree! All the shows nowadays have to appeal to the dumb and illiterate. Society is just getting dumber and dumber because of the illiteracy of shows like "Diesel Bros", the stupid people are breeding lol. Movies like Wall-E and Idiocracy are slowly becoming reality's.

As true diesel enthusiast we should do all we can to improve our image in the general public eye. Shows like "Diesel Bros" don't help this image. We should do all that we can to get shows like this off the air... I would suggest going to this site and telling them your thoughts, make your voice known!! https://corporate.discovery.com/contact/viewer-relations/

^^this was exactly my point earlier. Copy what you said there and send it in to the Discover channel linked above, our voice needs to be heard by the ones of those that can make a difference in our sport/industry :thumb:

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Does nobody watch gold rush??? Discovery has done very well with that show.

I do watch Gold Rush and find it entertaining however being an equipment operator there are times it makes me shake my head LOL

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota

cafryer

May 5, 2011
Utah
I'm going to have to watch it now. I haven't personally watched the show yet. I know from past experience how film companies make things completely different then how they really are. Discovery had a show last year about a salvage yard about 20 minutes from me. They made the place seem like such a joke. I have been there many times before and it's nothing near what discovery made them out to be.

You cannot really blame the shop for how bad the show is. Their not the ones producing the show. All discovery cares about is getting the viewers attention and getting as many people watching the show as they can.

I completely agree with others as to the offense he took to our opinions on the show. No one said anything bad about anyone in particular, the show must have just been bad. If discovery messed up the plans bad enough to mistaken a 12v being put in when it clearly wasn't, then maybe Chavis or whomever should be watching the show before it airs to catch these big mistakes.

Trust me I'd love to see them before they air but we don't get that option

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
i am really surprised at how personal some of you are taking this show. It's one thing to have an opinion... but to say the show will "ruin" the image of the diesel community ? i think NOT.

I've done business with Chavis for years now, been friends longer than that. Very knowledgeable / skillful at what he does and the quality of work he produces. Many people wouldn't know because he's a very humble / quiet person.
Don't get so caught up in what you see, this is a show being edited by people who have NO idea what any of this shit is. There are bound to be mistakes in editing. From a marketing / advertising standpoint ANY business owner in their right mind would want to have a TV show that showcases their business and its assets... and as Chavis said earlier..any publicity, whether good or bad is still publicity and brings more interest. i will almost put a guarantee that this upcoming weeks ratings are almost 2 times what they were for the first show. This type of viewership if great for companies that are providing parts / expertise to help get the projects together. guess i look at things differently. i've been out to see their setup and talk to a lot of these guys on a daily / weekly basis. You may not agree with how they act but what they are doing / quality of what they do brings their company attention and that attention will continue to bring them projects

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
i am really surprised at how personal some of you are taking this show. It's one thing to have an opinion... but to say the show will "ruin" the image of the diesel community ? i think NOT.

I've done business with Chavis for years now, been friends longer than that. Very knowledgeable / skillful at what he does and the quality of work he produces. Many people wouldn't know because he's a very humble / quiet person.
Don't get so caught up in what you see, this is a show being edited by people who have NO idea what any of this shit is. There are bound to be mistakes in editing. From a marketing / advertising standpoint ANY business owner in their right mind would want to have a TV show that showcases their business and its assets... and as Chavis said earlier..any publicity, whether good or bad is still publicity and brings more interest. i will almost put a guarantee that this upcoming weeks ratings are almost 2 times what they were for the first show. This type of viewership if great for companies that are providing parts / expertise to help get the projects together. guess i look at things differently. i've been out to see their setup and talk to a lot of these guys on a daily / weekly basis. You may not agree with how they act but what they are doing / quality of what they do brings their company attention and that attention will continue to bring them projects

100% Agree.:thumb:

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota

Yes, but it can also bring the wrong attention from the wrong people and be detrimental for the future of the diesel sport. It seems like the people making money off of it really don't care how the diesel sport is portrayed, as long as it makes them more money!!!

With that being said, I hope they start focusing more on the builds than all the other drama and it helps promote the sport in a positive way!!!

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
Yes, but it can also bring the wrong attention from the wrong people and be detrimental for the future of the diesel sport. It seems like the people making money off of it really don't care how the diesel sport is portrayed, as long as it makes them more money!!!

please tell me what they have done that is detrimental to the "future of the diesel sport" People will find fault in anything they don't necessarily agree with these days, thats alright. but saying it will ruin the industry... get a grip ( not you in general, the thought process )

and money? Money makes the world go round. you wouldn't be able to purchase the parts to modify your truck for this beloved sport without it. The companies making these parts wouldn't be able supply the demand or come out with innovative products without more revenue. Without these companies that you basically just called "greedy" you would have no sport or anything to modify your vehicle with.

my guess is that over time the show will get dialed in to be more informative and more accurate in editing and what is portrayed and all will be well. It's new and fresh and the topic of discussion but it more certainly not going to be the downfall of the diesel industry

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la

With that being said, I hope they start focusing more on the builds than all the other drama and it helps promote the sport in a positive way!!!

The tv shows and youtube are not what will bring companies down by big brother... I'm kinda familiar with it by now. It is greed of industries trying to prevent the growth of competition.

I also agree with Andrew, companies that "Make money off of selling parts support it" really should care - Companies that make parts are the only reason there has been performance since the beginning of performance.

Last edited: